Sign in to follow this  
matthewjohn938

How to improve ranking of keywords ?

I have done On-page SEO for a website (with including Title, mega tags, meta description) and after that I am creating backlinks along with the focused keyword for a long time. For a time there was an increment in the ranking of some keywords, but since last four weeks the ranking has dropped.

I am unable to identify how should I improve the ranking for those keywords.

Could anyone suggest me how Can I identify the issues ?

There's many reasons for a drop, sometimes it's as simple as your competitors are doing better. A good place to start would be to run a back link audit, a possibility is some of those links you were creating the sites in question might have little to no value or they're simply link farms which go against the search engine guidelines.

It's also worth checking the link text, overcooking terms is a common mistake with links. If you had 100 links and say 20% all had "Best web design company" as the anchor then it would potentially look suspicious, most natural links would use text like just the url, company name or article title depending.

19 minutes ago, matthewjohn938 said:

I have done On-page SEO for a website (with including Title, mega tags, meta description)

Only the Title has any SEO value. Keyword meta tags are not even indexed and the meta description is just part of the snippet. Google tells you this in their SEO guidelines.

20 minutes ago, matthewjohn938 said:

I am creating backlinks along with the focused keyword for a long time.

Where are you creating these backlinks? The general rule of thumb is: the easier it is to create a link the lover the value of that link.

If you want to improve ranking focus on your site content. Provide value, make it interesting, informative and authoritative. Make sure you have clear internal linking, calls to action, trustmarks (citations) and full contact information.

What's the website?

18 minutes ago, fisicx said:

Where are you creating these backlinks?

With off-page techniques - article submission, pdf sharing, press release submission, social bookmarking all with high DA sites

19 minutes ago, fisicx said:

What's the website? 

one of my client - http://capitalcollegeconsulting.com/

18 minutes ago, matthewjohn938 said:

With off-page techniques - article submission, pdf sharing, press release submission, social bookmarking all with high DA sites

All pointless. Google takes no notice of these links because they are all self generated. DA is not a Google ranking signal, it's a made up Moz score.

The example site has very little indexable content. What content you do have is of little value. The homepage content is very poor - especially the map and the scrolling list of universities.

And it's not helped by google score of 2/100! Mainly because of the really poor coding. You have 7 fonts!

Get the page speed sorted and then start work on the content.

23 minutes ago, SisIndia said:

make sure that your website is using relevant long tail keywords for every landing page.

That's not good SEO and it won't help the OP. Have you even looked at their website?

Generally, there are a few reasons why your website is not ranking well in SERPs.

• Google has not indexed your website
  • Bad Website Builder
  • Poor page load speed
  • Your website is not mobile friendly
  • Not enough quality content
  • Poor content optimisation
  • Meta tags not optimised
  • No high-quality backlinks
  • No social media activity
  • Competitors

@JoeEst

Not sure your list is that accurate. Meta tags aren’t ranking signals, backlinks aren’t always needed and social won’t help ranking.

Ok. So where are you going to begin?

Getting the content sorted is probably something you need to tackle as soon as possible. After that I’d look at the page loading speed.

Edited by fisicx

6 hours ago, fisicx said:

Ok. So where are you going to begin?

Getting the content sorted is probably something you need to tackle as soon as possible. After that I’d look at the page loading speed.

I'd suggest the other way round looking at the source, I've never seen anything quite like it. Structurally there's a major issue with the breadcrumbs! Here's the crumbs from /services/college-and-university-admissions/;

<ul class="list-unstyled">
<li><a href="http://capitalcollegeconsulting.com//">Home</a></li>
<li><a href="http://capitalcollegeconsulting.com//College Admissions Counseling Services">College Admissions Counseling Services</a></li>
<li class="active"><a href="http://capitalcollegeconsulting.com/services/college-and-university-admissions/">College and University Admissions Consultants</a></li>
</ul>

Those hrefs are all wrong, click any apart from the active and pow, white page. Search engines and visitors are both going to have a hard time with this. Have you actually thought about the structure? Shouldn't /services/ be the parent of college-and-university-admissions?

<ul class="list-unstyled">
<li><a href="/">Home</a></li>
<li><a href="/services/">Services</a></li>
<li class="active"><a href="/services/college-and-university-admissions/">College and University Admissions Consultants</a></li>
</ul>

... and please take a look at those js files, it makes me shudder how many are there.

Edit: Just ran another check and those blank pages give 200 OK!

HTTP/1.1 200 OK => 
Content-Type => text/html; charset=UTF-8
X-Port => port_10513
X-Cacheable => YES:Forced
Date => Thu, 17 Jan 2019 09:55:13 GMT
Age => 0
Connection => close
Vary => Accept-Encoding, User-Agent
X-Cache => uncached
X-Cache-Hit => MISS
X-Backend => all_requests

Think you might also have a security issue ...

meds-mmmm.thumb.PNG.d736deb76a11170453c6f124aac2d01d.PNG

... 100% mate ...

metformin-results.PNG.dbccdc1a385aec257c581dad4bcf107b.PNG

Last Edit: Might be easier to narrow down with inurl:.html as they seem to be using the pattern.

Edited by BrowserBugs

After checking the website I would say you should start working on content. Currently you have poor content on the inner pages and home page. Once you will change to content then you will surely get some boost in keywords ranking. You have to look for other factors as well.