I am a new webdesigner who has got her first client.
My project with this client is to redesign his current website. The problem is that we are going to transfer the domain to my hosting service and once the transfer is complete, his website would be our of service. That's why I've decided to leave the domain as it is for now.
I would like to create the new website on WordPress while the current website is still ON... but how do I do this?
The solutions I have so far are:
- To create the new website in a subdomain. I have read about redirecting but if I do that, does it mean people will have to go to subdomain.com to be taken to maindomain.com? because what I want is to change the subdomain address to the main domain... (subdomain.com to maindomain.com) , so people go directly to it. Is it complicated to do with Wordpress?
- I have read about a temporary URL but it seems complicated.
- My other solution is to buy another domain, work the new website there and then migrate it to the client's domain. (I don't know why this solution seems easier to me)
- The other solution is to create a "under construction page", that's a cool solution but I would like to avoid it.
I don't know if this sound dumb for you but I am new and I'm learning in the process. I never imagined I would have my first client this quick and now I'm freaking out.
Thank you in advance for your answers!
Hi. I am new to this and I have through, a misunderstanding bought a domain name that is of no use to me. It seems I cannot get a refund on domain names. I am wondering if it is possible to get this changed to one that I can make use of and if so, how do I go about it?
Thanks for any advice.
So i am looking into migrating my families website domain from one that is created in Dreamweaver with HTML to a WordPress site with woo-commerce.
My questions are...
1. I am going to be using the same host provider we have at the moment but asking them to move our domain onto a wordpress installation. What will happen with all the pages form the old site. If i have www.website.com/contact on the HTML site and then i create this same page of www.website.com/contact on the wordpress site... will the wordpress site be shown when the link is pressed in google?
2. What would happen with all my SEO stats and google rankings, will they stay the same?
3. If i have lets say a page that was called www.website.com/shop but i wanted all this traffic to be sent to www.website.com/products would i just setup these 301 redirects within WordPress. And if this /shop page is on google will my SEO stay fine if i just setup the redirect? Or will i need to create the page the same as /shop to keep my SEO ranking? I guess the redirect should work?
Sorry if these are stupid questions, I've only done little website migration before.
I have made a website for a friend and transferred the IPS tag and changed nameservers, This has resulted in my friend not receiving emails. Their email address has always been email@example.com which sent emails to their blueyonder email. The domain is now hosted with Godaddy, How do I get emails sent to firstname.lastname@example.org to appear in their blueyonder inbox?
I found the following settings on Virgin Media for Blueyonder, how to I input this into Godaddy and is the information below the necessary information to do this?
Type of information Settings to enter Sending mail (SMTP) SMTP server name smtp.blueyonder.co.uk SMTP SSL Enabled SMTP port 465 SMTP authentication Enabled (or 'Password' on Macs) SMTP username Full email address, e.g., email@example.com Receiving mail (IMAP4) IMAP4 server name imap4.blueyonder.co.uk IMAP4 SSL Enabled IMAP4 port 993 IMAP4 authentication Enabled (or 'Password' on Macs) IMAP4 username Full email address, e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org IMAP4 SPA (Secure Password Authentication) Disabled Receiving mail (POP3) POP3 server name pop3.blueyonder.co.uk POP3 SSL Enabled POP3 port 995 POP3 authentication Enabled (or 'Password' on Macs) POP3 username Full email address, e.g., email@example.com POP3 SPA (Secure Password Authentication) Disabled