I am in need of a functional ecommerce website which has the ability to allow customers to sell their goods to me aswell as allowing them to purchase goods from me like a normal store.
Shopify would have been an easy low cost route for me if I only needed the standard Store function, however I will now explain what I wish visitors to be able to do.
Visitor wishes to trade in their item. They will search the sell page to find the product it is they wish to sell (electronics niche). They will see what price I offer for each grade model etc. If they are happy with the offer price, they will click add to cart. They will then checkout filling details in but instead of going to payment, they will enter the information for which they wish to be payed ie bank transfer (and third party payment providers). They will then click submit and a sell order is created just as it would if they were purchasing online.
I am pretty sure Shopify will not be able to give this feature and it will most likely be custom.
My store will only be small so Magenta sounds too much for what CMS I need.
Woocommerce I think will allow this feature however I have no clue about website developement.
Are there any freelance or even business on here who have the knowhow and are willing to carry out this work for me? Or is it simple enough to do myself?
Thanks for reading guys+Gals, and I look forward to your replies and help!
I need advice. How could I make this design more better?
Hello, we at Casino Guru website are thinking about a rebuilding and redesigning of our identity and website. First of all, we'd like to take a look at other affiliate websites. Are there any designers that have some experience with affiliate website designs? Should we use some kind of "bloggy" style or we should stick with another method? Thanks for every advice and review of our existing website.
Hi! So first post. I got hit by the idea of creating a website, mostly for myself but also for anyone that might need some help with traveling more easy. Traveling, first and foremost with bus and train, and how to survive on the road and the cities basically. However, I've never created a website before if not a simple blog on WordPress counts. And this idea of mine includes some tricky features.
So, short background first so the point of usage might be more understandable. I don't fly much but love to travel, therefore mostly by bus or train. Since money is an issue (isn't it always) I often take the time to see new places when I'm traveling from one place to another. For example like now - traveling from Barcelona where I have lived during the summer, to Gothenburg (Sweden), using Flixbus and ferries, along with local public transportation. On the road I've googled like crazy about: how to get to the different cities (there are many great search engines but usually they only work for one area or country), to get around in the city, what to see, what the local supermarkets are called, luggage storage, public toilets and so on... Sure, asking locals could (and would) have solved it, I know... Either way, if all these informations and more would have been accessible on one website I could have saved so much time. And that's where this idea came to exist.
Overall idea: I want to create a website that helps me to store all this information that I'm gathering during my travels, and if anyone else wants to use it, great! But I want it to be funcional and stylish as f as well.
Problems: don't know anything of programming and creating websites. Also, if possible, I would prefer it it was free. When searching about it, it sounds like there are so many different ways and platforms. And most of the costs, that's why I'm writing here to get som advice on which to choose. I'm an easy learner but don't mind if it was as simple as possible.
The website (and all of its functions) :
1. I want the main page to be like a map of Europe, with the bigger cities. When someone click on a city, information will appear. If it's too difficult the dream would be a small window (is it called pop-up windows?) where you can see overall information about the train and bus-station or city. Like symbols for luggage storage, wc, food, colored in different colors to show how cheap/expensive it is. And if you click any of this symbols, you open another window, or web page, with more information about it.
2. Another, maybe more difficult one. There will be route-options. You can choose between night route/day route, train/bus, and thereafter the routes that are available for example during night time will appear. Here I would use the same background, but different routes will appear depending on what there is. And when you hoover above the route it will kinda glow up (to show that you have selected it). And if you push it you get more information in a small pop-up window (like with the stations) about travel duration. If you click it further another window open and you can read more information.
3. In this other windows with even more information, I will write more like a blog forum. Basic info that's good to know and about my personal experience. This I don't think will be that difficult. In the comment section however I want it to be similar to ex. reddit. Here people, or myself, can add questions like "Did it have a luggage storage?" and then other people can pitch in and answer. And if it's a really popular question that many are interested in they can upvote it, it gets pushed to the top, and I can see the interest in it. No one but me will be able to add information on the website, but they can provide me with information in the comments.
4. This will all be a as-I-go-project. I will add on routes, cities and info along as a travel.
- Is this dream too big with no experience?
- Is it possible to do this without programming? Like using a platform that allows me to do all this? Which? The cheaper the better.
If you've read this far, thank you so much. If you have a constructive advice for me about the idea, even more thanks to you. And if therecis anything that's unclear, please ask.
I've read about WordPress.org and Hostgator. Do you think those would be options when creating this site?
No registered users viewing this page.