justlukeyou

New Laptop - Terrible Mic Quality

Hi,

I have bought a new laptop, an updated model of my previous ASUS which worked fine.  However, the microphone is terrible on my new laptop.  I have configured it as a plug in microphone but the recording is very quiet and lots of white noise.  Any suggestions please? I have set the mic booster to different levels and it is still awful.

It cant be the mic because it works fine on my previous laptop.

On 11/7/2018 at 11:20 PM, justlukeyou said:

Hi,

I have bought a new laptop, an updated model of my previous ASUS which worked fine.  However, the microphone is terrible on my new laptop.  I have configured it as a plug in microphone but the recording is very quiet and lots of white noise.  Any suggestions please? I have set the mic booster to different levels and it is still awful.

It cant be the mic because it works fine on my previous laptop.

Have you had any luck with this? My first instinct would be to reinstall the drivers. But I guess it depends on my main use for it. If I was going to use it often, I might contact the supplier and /or manufacturer if it still didn't work. Alternatively, use an external mic?

Yea, debugging what is going on with a mic can be hard. I LOVE my Blue Yeti mic. Here in the US it's about $65 USD. Well worth it.