MartinKavik

Revolution of Design - How would you like to design responsive web pages / apps?

What do you think would be the most effective way to design responsive web pages / apps? (Feel free to invent some alternatives to CSS, HTML, Adobe XD / Sketch, etc.)

I’ll develop an open-source app inspired by your answer. Thanks!

Nothing beats designing in the browser given it's the actual environment it will eventually live in.  If a designer isn't comfortable coding then they should pair with a developer to create the design.

43 minutes ago, Charles Ferguson said:

Hi, guys! I am done redesigning my website - http://under-the-open-sky.com. I tried to do it according to the rules you stated above. I sincerely need your opinion, though so feel free to check it out! :)

I quite like it, the biggest criticism I have is Josefin_sanslight for the main paragraph text and the Josefin_sanregular for the link and highlighted text, maybe it is just me but I am getting a comic sans vibe and that can't be good.

@Charles Ferguson

Much of the advice you were given here: http://www.graphicdesignforums.co.uk/threads/need-advice.25462/   still applies.

I agree the site looks OK but the content is very misleading. Nothing wrong with an affiliate site but don't try to pretend it's a review site.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By DesignLab360
      Hello,
      Can you give me a feedback? I designed a responsive one-page business  template with Elementor Pro. Elementor is a page builder.
      Please be honest. Link: http://themelab.cloudaccess.host/
      I want to boost my portfolio.
      Thanks
    • By DonkeyWorx
      Is using srcset the best way to deliver mobile-specific images or is it better to use plain css to show and hide specific images in a responsive design?
      TIA
      Paul
    • By Seth
      My friend and client had a custom coded WordPress site done. She now wants me to take over the implementation of it.
      https://ashleyassists.mystagingwebsite.com/

I figured out what the previous developer did for the most part, but since it's not developed on a framework, I'm at a loss on some things. The latest is show to make the menu show up on a mobile device.
      Can someone help? Thanks in advance.
    • By onlinecarbooty
      Hi,

I am the founder of WWW.ONLINECARBOOTY.COM which was the first Online Car Boot Sale ever created. The site now boasts over 100,000 members but we're always trying to improve things. We don't have a big budget like the big boys and have recently changed the look of the site and tried to make it look right on mobile and desktop. Until now, it used to have a seperate site for mobiles. I just wanted to ask what you guys thought of the site, design and responsiveness as we would love any positive or negative feedback.

Many thanks, Mark at OCB

• By ve3oat
      Trying to make my website (ve3oat.ca) more responsive, I include the usual "skip to main content" link near the top of each of my pages. However, when tested with the tool at varvy.com, my pages always fail due to "No 'skip to main content' link".

I use
      <a href="#content">   Skip to main content</a> in the header, and
      <div class="content" id="content"> as the target below the header and the top-navigation bar.

It works in Firefox and MS-IE, but always fails the Varvy test. Could someone please tell me something simple in html (I don't use Java any other scripts on my site) that will both work for users of screen readers and that will pass the Varvy test?? Thanks.