Sign in to follow this  
SisIndia

Effect of GDPR on Link Building

Recently in few geo areas, general data protection regulations began rolling. 
We at Simple Intelligent Systems seeing that these regulations affect a portion of the activities that we implement for link earning. 
For example, guest post outreach, resource link building outreach and so on. 
I want to explore the subject with all digital marketer that how they will manage such regulations. 

Can you expand on how it is affecting your outreach?

I don't think it should make any difference to link building, provided that you use honest and approved techniques. You are allowed to contact people if they've asked to be contacted.

My impression is that the only things that will be affected are spammy/black hat techniques - which is a good thing, in my opinion. ?

On 6/1/2018 at 5:26 PM, Rich C said:

I don't think it should make any difference to link building, provided that you use honest and approved techniques. You are allowed to contact people if they've asked to be contacted.

You can still contact a website owner via their contact method, this hasn't changed with GDPR. If however you bought a list of 10,000 contact email addresses and wanted to email them all for a link then this is what the GDPR is here to stop.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By wppro
      How can i start SEO for a ASP.net? Can it is  same as wordpress, PHP website to rank ?
      Website speed is also too slow how can i boost that as i don't know anything about dotnet coding.
      Is google preferred ASP.net website to rank in search engines.?
    • By vik90
      Hi All,

I want to search for spammy links in google analytics which are pointing to my website. How can I find and remove it?
    • By carlyienjoseph
      I notice that article submission website close their directory or not accepting articles. Why they close accepting articles? It is a good off page technique for link building.
    • By chicagolimo
      I wanted to start by saying this is an AMAZING forum with some really intelligent individuals, and I am honored to have the privilege to pick your brains a little. That being said, our website: http://www.viplimousineinc.com

We are really looking for any and all advice on our website and how to build better links as a limousine company that we can do on our own and not pay an arm and a leg for. We have designed the site ourselves and have worked our butts off.

All opinions are appreciated!

Thanks in advance.
    • By seocrimeindia
      Hi,
      I have 4+ years experienced in SEO. Got this beautiful forum from google search. Hope I can help you all in SEO.

Here to Share my SEO knowledge. Ask any Questions in SEO... .gif' alt=':seas8:'> :seas8: .gif' alt=':seas8:'> :seas8: .gif' alt=':seas8:'> :seas8: .gif' alt=':seas8:'> :seas8: .gif' alt=':seas8:'> :seas8: