Hello everyone, just joined these forums and I've been quite impressed with the extent of the information available on here so far. Looking forward to being part of this community!

Feel free to visit our blog section from our site, in the hopes that you can benefit from the informative content. We have been focusing on featuring articles on a variety of web design related topics from industry experts and we hope the material will be of assistance and perhaps serve as a starting point for further discussion within this site. www.iowebstudio.com

Thank you for reading and all the best,
-Io Web Studio

Welcome to the group, had a look on your website and like the clean layout I noticed it was created using WordPress. Looking through your Portfolio I noticed that all the websites I looked at were also created in WordPress. Do you create any websites in the traditional way using HTML, CSS, etc. 

I am interested to know why a Web Design Agency has chosen to create a website in WordPress. It would be the golden opportunity to show what you can create using HTML and CSS.

7 hours ago, GrahamUK33 said:

I am interested to know why a Web Design Agency has chosen to create a website in WordPress. It would be the golden opportunity to show what you can create using HTML and CSS.

WordPress is a CMS, it would be very strange for a web agency not to use some form of CMS.  How is the client supposed to update their site?  How are you able to have any kind of meaningful interactivity without some kind of backend / data-storage?

WordPress can consume pre-made themes but a decent web agency will build a custom theme for a client - and that is built using a combination of PHP, HTML, JavaScript and CSS.  With just HTML and CMS you could only hope to build a very primitive website.
Why do you think that WordPress sites don't use HTML and CSS? without these two you'd literally have no website.

There are better alternatives to WordPress, but it's a decent platform for web agencies that rarely build anything overly complex - most commonly brochure style websites.

OP:  You're very unlikely to find clients on here, pretty much everybody builds websites either as a hobby or works in the industry on this forum.

Edited by rbrtsmith

I can understand why WordPress could be used as a CMS for a client to update their own website, but I was more interested in why a Web Design Agency would create their own website using WordPress, rather than showing of their coding skills.

@GrahamUK33 Please see my reply here: https://www.webdesignerforum.co.uk/topic/87267-which-do-you-prefer/?tab=comments#comment-519372

At a web agency they don't want to have to bother the development team every time the marketing department want to change some copy or an image on the homepage.  A CMS at an agency is very useful for that.  Good developers are expensive so you don't want to use them for menial tasks.
We use a CMS at Sky on all of our products (Not WordPress).  It would be a very bad idea to hard-code this data to then have to get developers many of who are on £100's a day to spend time changing this, especially when things change rapidly and even on a per user basis and/or A/B Testing

Edited by rbrtsmith

Welcome,

Its obviously good to see you've made the effort, i don't see any problem in wordpress however it's not for me but looking at your site its quite neat so well done you.

keep on keeping on but again a wouldn't touch wordpress so am 50/50 on it, though it looks smart so am not going to judge, you clearly have a rapid way of doing things which is all good hope everything goes your way take care.