Jo 90

Competition: Design a Logo for the 2018 Forum - over £650 in prizes!

We're pleased to announce the...

2018 Design a Logo for the Web Designer Forum competition!

Our current logo is good...but it's from 2013 and since were having a new start, we'd like to have a new one.

Our sponsors have provided some great prizes, so without further ado, let the battle commence!

The prizes

Our lovely forum sponsors 20i - who provide fast UK web hosting - have provided these.

1st Prize: £100* Amazon Voucher and a year's unlimited web hosting.

This is reseller hosting on 20i's lightning-fast shared platform, and is truly unlimited.

20i's reseller account can be used for Linux, Windows or WordPress sites, and includes unlimited: sites, SSD storage, bandwidth, domains, packages, MySQL databases, 10GB mailboxes, free SSLs more! This is worth up to £359.88, and could be the start of your own web hosting venture.

And the use of your logo on our forum of course!

2nd Prize: £20* Amazon Voucher and a year's 20i Home Hosting.

This is for one site with an SSL certificate and includes unlimited: SSD web space, bandwidth, MySQL databases, 10GB mailboxes. This is worth £107.88.

3rd Prize: £10* Amazon Voucher and a year's 20i Starter Hosting.

This is for one site with an SSL certificate and includes 10GB SSD web space, 50GB/month bandwidth, 1 MySQL database, and unlimited 10GB mailboxes. This is worth 59.88.

* or a local currency equivalent. Amazon have retail sites in: Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, Spain, United Kingdom and United States.

The rules

What do I need to provide?

Your new Web Designer Forum (WDF) logo in .EPS, .AI, or .PSD file format. The logo must contain a graphic element - not just text! You must have created the logo entirely by yourself. The logo should follow a community/web design theme, and should be styled to suit the forum - so should look good on a dark grey background.

The colours and hex codes we use on the site are attached. They're there as a starting point - you don't have to use them.

When is the deadline?

The deadline for entries is 31st January, 2018. The winner will be announced in a thread in the Design Competitions section of the forum. Who can enter? Anyone who is a member of the WDF, except those employed by our sponsors.

How do I submit my entry?

Please send all your entries to myself (Jo 90) via private message.

Who decides the winner?

A committee of forum admins, moderators and 20i representatives will decide the winner and the runners up. Prizes will be given be in the form digital vouchers via email/PM shortly following the announcement of the winners.

The 'small print'

When you submit a logo you are also agreeing that, should it win, WDF will own all rights to the logo. You will be credited for your work via a thread on the forum. WDF has the right to modify or use the logo anywhere we see appropriate, even before applying the logo to the forum.

Any questions? Questions should be posted publicly in this thread, or contact me in a private message.

Thanks for reading, and good luck to all...

WDF_Coloursheme_2.png

14 hours ago, Nillervision said:

logo.gif.f226816ff589d9f24d600ca7f48391b9.gif

Jacks logo is almost perfect, it just needed to be animated.

I was actually going to animate it but this look a lot longer than I anticipated, thanks for your hard work. I couldn't even remember the table syntax for the background so I stole the code from W3 Schools to be more authentic.

Even though I have clearly set the bar high, it would be good to see some other entries.

7 hours ago, Jack said:

I was actually going to animate it but this look a lot longer than I anticipated, thanks for your hard work. I couldn't even remember the table syntax for the background so I stole the code from W3 Schools to be more authentic.

Even though I have clearly set the bar high, it would be good to see some other entries.

Nah. I think we're done. Let's wrap it in a <center> tag in the table heading and we're good to go.

On second thought it might even be so good that we should to use it as a splash screen with an "enter site" button underneath. :D

Edit: And the "Best viewed in Netscape" disclaimer of cause

Edited by Nillervision

What is this 'brief' sorcery you refer-to? :)

Apart from what is under the 'rules' section I don't have a specific brief. Perhaps a guideline could be that it should promote the values/vision of the community:

• inclusivity and tolerance
  • open discussion
  • a place to receive friendly advice..?

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

However it is your site so I don't think there should be any formal brief.

So even @Jack's could win... :crazy:

Hi, kindly share a bit more about the 20 and i. Why do you call your company 20i? Many thanks.

Edited by amaconline

@amaconline The 20 is due to the company's founders being in the hosting business for 20 years - responsible for starting companies like Webfusion, 123-reg and Heart Internet. The 'i' is for 'internet', as far as I know. 

I opened Sketch today to add some ideas to the mix. Both have a standard and 'mobile' logo. I'm not 100% sold on the secondary green on the speech bubble logo, but it's a start.

I know we have some designers on here, so please spend an hour or so on something if you can. You don't want a developer doing this kind of work.

wdf-2.png

wdf-1.png

On 28/01/2018 at 7:59 PM, Ellefudge said:

Im working on a design but like any designer have around 12 variations and cant choose. 

You can enter as many as you want! :)

1 hour ago, teodora said:

Oh! Oh, well :D maybe next time, then.

Go on Teo, midnight is plenty of time. I designed mine in an hour after all :parrot:

This competition is now closed. We had 13 entries, and they'll be with the judges shortly. Thanks to everyone who entered!

I expect a result in the next week - I'll keep you updated.

8 hours ago, Jo 90 said:

This competition is now closed. We had 13 entries, and they'll be with the judges shortly. Thanks to everyone who entered!

I expect a result in the next week - I'll keep you updated.

just noticed this. "no worries"