Sign in to follow this  
ennajoe

How to get more followers on Twitter?

I am new on Twitter. I want to increase numbers of follower for my profile. How to get more followers on Twitter? Please give me some tips.

Welcome to the forums.

First question is why do you want more followers?

If you are new to Twitter, if you post interesting tweets regularly you will find that people who are interested in what you have to say will follow you.

Welcome to the forums.

First question is why do you want more followers?

If you are new to Twitter, if you post interesting tweets regularly you will find that people who are interested in what you have to say will follow you.

Thanks for sharing your valuable tips to increasing twitter followers.

Edited by ennajoe

Follow some profiles related to what you or your twitter account is related to, this usually fetches some follows back :)

Keep up to date with trends. Check daily for what hashtags are trending and then try to post insightful/humorous/engaging tweet using this topic. Following a bunch of people can also help, make sure they're relevant to you though, or it is likely that they either won't follow back, or soon unfollow if they do! You can also join in with the follow friday trend by using the hashtag #FF, and tagging a few twitter accounts you enjoy, and hope it earns you one back!

Yes Twitter is all about posting on a regular basis. Tweets need to be relevant and quality. You can use buffer and gather a weeks worth of tweets in one sitting. Buffer will post at the best times of the day. This has worked really well for me on Twitter @RobertDoyle25

Paper.li is another thing you can use with Twitter that is very effective for likes and retweets.

Well, if you just want to get followers you just follow loads of accounts. Pointless, but a lot of people do it. And paper.li? didn't that die several years ago? is it still a thing?

here is someone following me this morning. Totally irrelevant to my account and no interest in his tweets but if I follow him he will keep following me and look! - he has followed 16k accounts and he has 16k followers! Maybe it works for him and he gets youtube hits from it, idk, but you can be sure he will never read my tweets and doesn't give a damn how frequent and witty they are.

https://twitter.com/MattSibson

Hi

Here are some tips to get more followers on Twitter.

-Post great content

-Write a professional bio

-Use hashtags

-Place a Facebook/Twitter/Instagram logo on your blog

-Engage with others on the social platforms

-Make sure your content is shareable

-Reshare other people’s content

-Reach out to influencers

-Stay active

-Follow other users

Hope this helps you.

Twitter died ages ago. If you want more followers just use #hashtags, the bots will pick up and auto-follow you so they have another mug to show adverts/boring marketing ****.

No it hasn't. As a software engineer Twitter is an incredibly useful tool for me to keep upto date with current trends and industry news and filters out the bull**** as I only follow the relevant people.

For some markets - like the teenage/YA market - Twitter isn't great, but if you want to reach marketers, it's a great place to be!

For me, the best way to get relevant, non-bot followers is spend time on the platform following/liking people and topics you genuinely like: in other words, not trying to 'game' the system and using it as its makers intended.

The only tool Twitter lacks is a way to unfollow those who don't follow you back - but there are many free tools available to do that.

Ask people questions, create poll, hold quiz, and post informative and interesting post daily. Find our more people or competitor related to your business and follow them.  Like and retweet others post. Give reply comments on others post.

I get liked and followed by pouting tatood women who are into cosplay and already have their own websites, a lot. They must just be mad for balding middle aged blokes.

You probably want Twitter followers to spam them later, don't you?

My two tips would be:

1. Be witty when you post (witty is a small but very powerful word, isn't it?)
2. Use hashtags, so people can find your witty posts.

Dont think to discover or want followers on any of the social media accounts, but do just regular posting, think of the best content to write there so users automatically connect with you.