predatorx

Automated HTML/CSS Validation

Hello all.

I was wondering if there are any tools available that can automate the HTML/CSS validation process. I use the tools available from W3C which are great, but was just wondering if there were any tools that could make it even easier?

I've been using a linter for awhile now, which shows errors in code on the fly.

I'm not sure if such a tool exists, but if it did someone here would know about it.

The W3 CSS validator isn't much good.

To run an analysis on your CSS for a wide array of metrics checkout Parker https://github.com/katiefenn/parker

The W3 HTML validator is about the best there is out there although it can be a little out of date when it comes to some of the meta tags and other anomalies. Make sure you are using Aria correctly to make your website accessible to users with various disabilities. HTML Validator won't tell you about this, it's good to test with screenreader technology.

Edited by rbrtsmith

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By colinbrazier
      Hi everyone,
      My dropdown multi-level menu at www.fobgfc.org doesn't work with touch devices.  It doesn't drop down at all.  Basically because it makes use of :hover.
      I'd like the functionality to behave like the menu on www.chipsteadfc.org.uk
      I will consider using jQuery.  
      How's best to do this please?
      Cheers,
          Col
    • By Seth
      Hey
      I can't find the CSS style to style this button. You can find it on https://ashleyassists.mystagingwebsite.com/social-media/

• By RobDoyle
      I am curious as to the difference between the two and when one should be used over the other. Thanks.
    • By Dragonknigh
      I'm trying to create this site and this is the code I have right now. How do I make a container and place it just like on the "this site"? How do I insert an image instead of  "go to site" button? And make it all responsive just like on "this site"?