Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Need help to adjust my CSS code

Featured Replies

Hello!

A few years ago I made some CSS code customization on my forum. Since then (probably, due to updates or some other reason), right now it doesn't show it right (the way it was). The idea is that I've got one color of a bg where there's a name of a poster and his avatar and then there's another color where there's text that he writes (verbiage of the post itself). I'm attaching the print screen on which I show what exactly do I mean.
Also I would tell what I did so far to achieve the effect (though it's not exactly right at the moment).
In file http://idevsky.com/forum/Themes/default/css/index.css (line 1921) I added this line of code:

background:url('http://idevsky.com/images/post_bg.png') repeat-y;

And also I changed the height to 0px from 11px in two places:
line 972 and line 987

You can see it if you go to:
http://idevsky.com/forum/index.php

Test account credentials:
j.smith qwerty

Then you click on John Smith (the only board) and then you go to "test" thread (the only one there).
There're 3 different colors:
1) the one where the poster name and avatar is (#dfecf5), it's the way it should be.
2) then there's one that covers the majority of post text area (#ebf3fb), it's the right color, it just doesn't spread right
3) then there's one irrelevant (wrong) color (#f0f4f7) which you can hardly see in the second post (the one that j.smith wrote) and it starts from the arrow point to the right.

post-40498-0-06554300-1472324430_thumb.jpg

  • Author

SOME UPDATE

 

I found the way to solve the problem, described above, BUT...For some reason, every other post (see reply # 4 and reply # 2, for example) has this space (don't know how to call it) at its top and its bottom. That "space" has this color #e7eaef. How I could get rid of it? So it would be like in reply # 1 or reply # 3.

 

SOLUTION

 

Delete height 11px in lines 963 and 948

index.css

Edited by Gregory1974

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.