rf-harris

Facebook vs Twitter vs Google Plus

Facebook is always better than Twitter and Google Plus. Normally 75 % of users are using Facebook as compared to all the other social media channels.

I'm going to be a bit contrary and say none of them.

Social media sites are where people go to be social. Some people post, some just follow and some use it to keep up to date with things. Ocasionally someone will share something useful that others may investigate.

But the marketing wonks have cottoned onto SM and now fills my feeds with their promotions. It's so prolific that it puts people off.

Do not use SM to promote your business. Let your customers do it for you. When they buy your goods or services give them an opportunity to tell their friends about the bag they brought or the gardener they employed.

There are some occasions when self promotion can work but only in narrow fields. Fashion, makeup and kittens do OK. Accountants and Car Mechanics not so much. Cheap Jordans never.

If you want to market through social media use adverts. They have a good ROI.

If you want to generate leads than Facebook is the best as compared to twitter, according to my experience twitter work as awareness creator not lead generator, and at last Google+ it is just for Google to show that we are trending, because in some case studies I found that Google uses Google+ engagement to that business and somewhere it becomes a ranking factor.

Some questions for all of you.

Who here has ever bought anything from a Facebook ad?

Who here goes to Twitter when they want to buy a product or a service?

Who here uses Google+ to research purchasing decisions?

Honest questions, because nobody I know uses social sites for any of that.

I've never bought through any of them. They have a great habit of advertising the same stuff that I've either already bought or already found cheaper elsewhere.

Well, Facebook is the most used social media platform than Google + and Twitter. It covers around 74% of netizens. But when coming to paid ads -Facebook ads are costly, so better to go for Google adsence which can divert organic traffic. Twitter also the socail platform that covers most of the celebrities, so you may not updated with only one social media site like Facebook, Use all three of them to get best results to your business.

As there was said, Facebook is propably most powerful one, but each one has it own benefits. Each project I'm working on I promote on the Facebook, Twitter and Google+.

I've never bought through any of them. They have a great habit of advertising the same stuff that I've either already bought or already found cheaper elsewhere.

Indeed, I find that, too :D

As it's already written above, Facebook is really the most used social network. More than 1.4 billion people use Facebook to connect with what matters to them, and above 900 million visit every day.

Every social network has its own advantages, although these days it is tough to find much good to say about Google+. The communities used to have some value, but now they are just a graveyard of spam. The issues with Facebook reach are well documented, essentially they are constantly tweaking their algorithm and decimating organic reach so that businesses will pay to reach the audiences they previously built. But there is still value in Facebook. As others have said, more people use Facebook than any other social network, so you can't really ignore the percentage of your audience that is only on there. And also, Facebook retargeting actually does work great and drives a nice ROI for online businesses. It's much more targeted than just having your ads popping up on random sites. Twitter advertising is pretty terrible, but Twitter is still an incredibly valuable social network for actually being social and networking. Twitter offers an opportunity to really use the enthusiasm of your customers to get your message out and create awareness. Building an active following is never easy, no matter what the social network, but if you put in the work, you will create something of value. I also wouldn't limit any discussion of social networks to FB, Twitter, and G+. If your business is more visual and uses photography or graphics, I would also think about Instagram and Pinterest as potential social media outlets as well.

Question 1: I personally haven't, but my employer does retargeting through Facebook ads and it has definitely provided ROI.

Question 2: Going to Twitter to buy a product. Nope. Checking with a place I am going to go buy something, all the time. If I can't find something out through a website, Twitter is definitely my first way of communicating with a business. So while I might not buy an item through Twitter, businesses being on Twitter definitely facilitate my purchases fairly regularly.

Question 3: Never.

1. Think certain targeted ads have led me to research them up and bookmark them up for later use.

2. Nope, twitter would never cross my mind for this purpose.

3. Nope, not this either.

It depends, if there are products or services I am interested in and there are social media sites or links, I might check them out, out of interest to further inform my decision.

I think twitter & facebook are considered as most using social networks all across the globe.

This is a 4+ month old thread and from what I can see you've haven't said anything that hasn't already been said and what you have said, you haven't supplied any facts or figures to back you claim.

Hi,

Okay so here are the facts:

Facebook

There is a lot of competition in Facebook’s News Feed and it’s becoming harder for Pages to gain exposure. This is due to the growth in content and people liking more Pages. Of the thousands of stories a person may see when they log onto Facebook, there will only be approximately a hundred actually shown.

Twitter

You should be tweeting content that’s so enticing and/or informative that it’s likely to be retweeted, follow others so they’ll follow you back, tweet content in a way that it actually gets seen and make sure you are promoting your Twitter account effectively.

Google+

Google Plus has a significant impact on SEO and search traffic volume. Google Plus Pages for businesses are now managed through Google My Business, a platform that makes it easy for customers to find and connect with your company. Google My Business uses Search, Maps, and Google Plus to make your brand more visible in local search results.

Hope this helps!

Hi

Facebook - Keep up with friends and family in a semi-private community. Since you need to friend people back if you want to see each other's posts this may feel more private to some (if they keep their security settings tight). This is generally the place to stay in touch with people you already know, though you may become friends with friends of friends. It is also the place to stay in touch with people who are unlikely to use other social networks. Since Facebook's character limit is longer than Twitter's it allows for more detailed posts and comments. So i think facebook is the right place.

Hope this helps you.

Social media is for customer service, not for marketing… unless you pay for an ad.

In which case, you are not using the site as a social networking website but as media.

Facebook is one of the best social media to promote any business or website.

Now a days twitter is also good platform, also get positive response on twitter but it's took a time compare to Facebook. For the fast response and want to reach most of the peoples Facebook is best way today.

And Google plus is not more effective according to my experience.

2 hours ago, oriongeradores said:

No it's not

5 hours ago, oriongeradores said:

I think this is true to a point, if you can gain a following with a product/service that people like.

Millions of Users from world are active on various social media platforms.

Facebook 

Google Plus

Twitter

LinkedIn

Pinterest

Well there are two kinds of social media marketing
Manual
Paid

Manual 
Creating creative business images, share to social media platforms, connecting directly to the users, some users post their requirements then contacting them 

Paid 
Pay and get leads, likes, followers, so on..

Which is better is all depends on the online users of the social media platform...

My best recommendation is to use the service's most used by the people you want to reach. And don't forget the other options, these are just 3 of many social networks is active use these days. The biggest challenge is finding the time to keep up with the ones you find useful. Since that is next to impossible you have to find ways to prioritize.

In my point of view facebook will go first for its unique marketing feature, for product promotion facebook has advertising boost. But for traffic twitter and G+ got lots of potentiality included facebook.