Sign in to follow this  
arunsh010

How to create a website without having any technical skills?

If this website is for a business I would highly recommend against an out of the box website, the reason for this is if you want a website that is actually going to do your business some good and fulfil your needs then you need a website that is suitable for your business and geared towards your business goals and an "out the box" solution could never do this.

However, if you are simply looking for a website presence (informational) and are not worried about conversions (visitors to customers) and marketing on the website then it might be ok for you, assuming of course you have someone around that is able to properly brand it so you do not give mixed messages to clients and potentially ruin your own identity.

of course, if you are not a business, all is fine...

If you want to develop any wesbite without any knowledge then there are some free web hosting websites can help you out. Those are like default platform where you just need to edit with your own information. You can you wix or weebly for this purpose. They are pretty good.

There are certain sites that allow you to build a website, that have an inbuilt website builder. Such sites include blogger, wix etc. But if you want a site for business that fits your requirements then you might want to hire a freelancer

You can get all the help you want about web designing at w3schools and you can also opt for a CMS like wordpress and start making a website without much difficulty.

Please no. W3Schools is terrible and you shouldn't be using CMS systems without first having experience of PHP / whatever language they are written in.

There are some good web site builders out there, I wouldn't recommend those site builders you get free with your web hosting plan as those are simply cheap rubbish.

A quick google search will give you a nice list :)

- Matthew :)

I recommend "Lucidchart" I’m in the same boat—have a little bit of HTML and CSS knowledge and needed an easy prototyping solution for my first wireframe. It works beautifully—you just drag and drop desired elements (buttons, scrolling areas, pictures, tabs, etc.) onto the canvas, then add interactivity with hotspots (their terminology for linking areas). You can also add layers (known as states) and connect everything with the aforementioned linking areas. My husband is a web designer and also recommends Lucidchart for wireframes and mockups. To navigate through your prototype like it's the real thing, just use demo mode. Good luck!

Well if you want a static website with a blog than go with word press and if you want a shopping cart than you can work on Magento.

And if you want a dynamic website go with Jekyll :santa_shocked:

Well if you want a static website with a blog than go with word press and if you want a shopping cart than you can work on Magento.

To add to Nock

If you want a static website with a blog use Jekyll rather than WordPress, it's 100% more secure and reliable.

Edited by richardmountain

To add to Nock

If you want a static website with a blog use Jekyll rather than WordPress, it's 100% more secure and reliable.

I was being tongue in cheek ;)

Edited by NOCK

Imo Jekyl and WordPress are equally dynamic, you update wordpress by adding stuff to the db like posts etc. Jekyll is just as straightforward (If you're a developer comfortable in the terminal) You just write your markdown file, then git add, commit, and push. Job done :)

Wordpress is the good option to develop a responsive website.

Could you elaborate on why WordPress is so good for responsive websites please?

No it can't. w3cshools will help with code but it's no good at all for website design.

This is a good starter: http://webstyleguide.com/

It might look a bit dated but the information is pure gold.

But people don't want to take their time and learn how to do things properly, they want instant which is why we have an interweb full of homebuilt crud.

No it can't. w3cshools will help with code but it's no good at all for website design.

This is a good starter: http://webstyleguide.com/

It might look a bit dated but the information is pure gold.

But people don't want to take their time and learn how to do things properly, they want instant which is why we have an interweb full of homebuilt crud.

W3Schools isn't very good for code either. I am with you and your last point though.