Sysode

Macbook Air Insurance

Hi guys,

I've just invested in a macbook air and I'm going to be taking out the house a lot so I'm after some insurance (which covers, damage, loss and theft amoungst the normal coverage). I've been looking around and most seem to only cover you if your product is <12 months old.

Does anyone know of any insurances companies that cover if the product is over 12 months old? If so can you refer me to them?

In terms of costing, I'm looking to pay around 60-70 GBP a year - value of the macbook is around 700.

Thanks an advance to anyone that helps!

It might be worth looking at something like a Halifax Ultimate Reward Account (or similar) as that'll cover your MacBook Air as well as giving you travel insurance, mobile phone insurance etc. at the same time for £10-£15 per month.

If you have home insurance you may find it's covered under that, when I last renewed mine I put my phone & laptop down as specified items so if something happens to them while I'm out then I'm covered for the full cost of replacement,

Hi guys,

Thanks for the prompt responses. However, in reply to having it on the home insurance, that wouldn't cover it out of the home - which is where it'll be most of the time!

As for setting up a bank account (if that's what you mean, sorry if I misunderstood) that works out pretty expensive as it is just the macbook I am looking to insure.

Guest 4li4s

Same as BlueDreamer - mine is covered under home insurance and I'm covered for theft and accidental damage. There was no restrictions for the age of the items but I am covered for up to £1500 at a time. This can apply to my mountain bike or my MBP but not both ;)

I heard Protect Your Bubble was good for electronics but can't vouch for them myself.

This can apply to my mountain bike or my MBP but not both ;)

What if they use the mountain bike to get away with your MBP? :huh:

Same as BlueDreamer - mine is covered under home insurance and I'm covered for theft and accidental damage. There was no restrictions for the age of the items but I am covered for up to £1500 at a time. This can apply to my mountain bike or my MBP but not both ;)

I heard Protect Your Bubble was good for electronics but can't vouch for them myself.

Thanks for the response - home insurance won't work at my end which is a pain! Well, it does but excess is £100 and doesn't cover me outside the house which isn't what I need.

Protect your bubble was good until I read the small print - its only for items <12 months old.

Thanks for the help though, not too sure which route to take now.

We have business contents insurance and just declared we had x item worth £x they added it on and meant it was covered where ever it went. Same with iPads, iPhones etc. Becareful of "gadget" insurance, if you make a claim within the first 6 months, they expect the full fee paid + excess.