Sign in to follow this  
Jo 90

New: User @mentions added to the forum.

Hi,

Based on the suggestion from @@Jack we're pleased to be now using 'Mentions' , you can easily mention members within all your posts or topics, the mentioned user will then be notified via the forum notification system.

Simply using the @ symbol followed by the username of the member you want to mention & it will create a link to the users profile.

Hint: Using the link under the users avatar on posts, acts as a shortcut for mentioning them within your replies.

Example below:

mentions.jpg

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Jo 90
      Hi,

Some new members are finding it difficult posting new topics/replies with the current "You need 25 posts/topics to create links" limit in please, the module we purchased to police this is very buggy e.g. members can't post smilies and even code snippets, which is just ridiculous, and clearly this needs to change...

So we're running a trial where we'll be removing this limit and test if it has any affects on spam here on the forum, I think many members here are vigilant when it comes to reporting spam and letting us know by using the "report post" button on anything dodgey, which we're all thankful for, plus with the addition to 3 new moderators, we're much better equipped at handling any suspicious/spammy content.

We've also created a new forum here on WDF tailored specifically for WordPress - http://wdf.co/wordpress

It seems to make sense as we're getting WordPress related posts frequently, but posted all over the forum, so hopefully this should provide a central location to discuss any WordPress related queries people may have.

Stay tuned for more updates coming soon.

• By ddanielsmith07
      Hi everyone. I'm having a bit of trouble with my registration script. When I go to my action.php file, I get these error:

Notice: Undefined index: uname1 in C:\xampp\htdocs\series\action.php on line 2

Notice: Undefined index: pword1 in C:\xampp\htdocs\series\action.php on line 3

But, When I test my script, Everything works fine.
      I don't understand what's going on.
      These are my two files:

index.php:

<html>
      <body>

<form action="action.php" method="post">
      Username: <input type="text" name="uname1" />

Password: <input type="password" name="pword1" />
      <input type="submit" value="Login" />
      </form>

</body>
      </html>

action.php:

<?php
      $username_1 = $_POST['uname1'];
      $password_1 = $_POST['pword1'];
      $con = mysql_connect("localhost", "root", "");
      if (!$con)
      {
      die('Could not connect: '. mysql_error());
      }

mysql_select_db("user1", $con);

mysql_query("INSERT INTO userlogin (username, password)
      VALUES ('$username_1', '$password_1')");

mysql_close($con);
      ?>
    • By cathy78
      Hi there!

I have to create a page which has:
      a handful of more or less static pages, they are updated like 5 times a year
      up to ten public photo albums/galleries (pretty simple: thumbnails and a colorbox/lightbox type feature)
      photo albums/galleries that are private and only viewable for one user(client)
      a shop system that works for sweden or at least europe (localization/payment methods)
      Very good SEO features
      Easy to update and maintain. I shouldn't be a days work to update the whole thing just to fix a security issue.
      easy template creation (since I really hate that part)

I played around a bit with wordpress, but I kinda hit a wall when I came to the private galleries. I found plugins that made content visible for the user groups - but I need this for single users and not groups.

I have no experience whatsoever with a shop system. I probably won't have more than 50 items in there. But product display is quite important since it's "pictures" for sale.

Did I just miss the right wordpress plugin or is another CMS better suited for this? I would prefer if it's an all in one system and not static pages with a seperate gallery and a seperate shop system.
    • By MikeChipshop
      ...aka 'The fugly side of WDF!".

We've seen your office, we've seen your portfolios but now it's time to see you!

Post up a photo you don't mind everyone seeing, make it a recent one and it has to be you (no nudity )
      No one is obliged to add a photo but everyone be friendly!

I'll kick this off.

This was about the only photo i could find of me (i'm not the dog) looking half sane and with all my clothes on... which worries me somewhat...