Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Javascript Code Injection

Featured Replies

Hi all,

 

I have recently had the misfortune of websites the company I work for created in the last 5 years being hacked with code injection.

 

For a quick fix I uploaded the backup files.

 

I know this is not the solution and wanted to see if I could get some advice from you/s.

 

1) Is there a way I can run a check through each website to see exactly where the vulnerabilities are?

 

2) Am I'm right in saying that the java script being called by or in the webpage will be the issue? Do I then replace this will secure java script (does this even exist?)

 

3) I don't know anything about server security but would that be an area that could fix the issue without going through 1 & 2?

 

Thanks in advance..

 

 

 

 

Hi all,

 

I have recently had the misfortune of websites the company I work for created in the last 5 years being hacked with code injection.

 

For a quick fix I uploaded the backup files.

 

I know this is not the solution and wanted to see if I could get some advice from you/s.

 

1) Is there a way I can run a check through each website to see exactly where the vulnerabilities are?

 

2) Am I'm right in saying that the java script being called by or in the webpage will be the issue? Do I then replace this will secure java script (does this even exist?)

 

3) I don't know anything about server security but would that be an area that could fix the issue without going through 1 & 2?

 

Thanks in advance..

 

To me the hint would be the hosting account - " 1 & 2 " - all sites on their servers, sounds suspect to me.

 

I'd be straight on to them with a long list of questions about their current server status, especially their sql servers.

  • 2 months later...

Can you explain, exactly what happend in the Hack?

 

Injection to the DB? or Injected into files?

 

As much info as possible please

 

T

Another option you could go for is pastebin the script (without any personal details etc) and I'll(/other forum members will) try to see where the vulnerability is.

 

Hope that helps :)

 

Also, as tomyates said, it would help to know exactly what the purpose of the javascript is as it will narrow down the problem :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.