Sign in to follow this  
Chris Day

Cloud server question

Last year i brought a cloud server subscription, just a small question, my Memory Usage (not HDD usage) is currently at 75-85% is this a bad thing if so should i upgrade my prossesor? Im use to just having a shared host and letting them sort it out lol

Last year i brought a cloud server subscription, just a small question, my Memory Usage (not HDD usage) is currently at 75-85% is this a bad thing if so should i upgrade my prossesor? Im use to just having a shared host and letting them sort it out lol

Is the memory usage increasing at a certain rate (over days/weeks etc)? Using 75/85% of your memory is fine to do but depends on how much memory you have in total and what rate your memory is increasing. Also do you have enough in case a spike in memory is seen? Can you confirm how much memory you have in total as this will help answer your question :)

ATM I have it set at only 1gb

It might be a good idea to upgrade by maybe 256MB - 512MB if you can just in case. We normally recommend to our customers to have at least this free on VPS/Cloud instances to ensure their services do not slow down or have downtime due to memory spikes.

Hope this helps with your question :)

Thanks, i can only upgrade 1GB at a time so will just do this thank you for your advise

Little annoying you can only upgrade by the gig but if you can then it at least covers you for the long term and any memory spikes that might come due to high traffic points :)