Sign in to follow this  
Jo 90

Vote Now! - February 2013 Website of the Month

Website of the month  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi,

Thank you to all of you who have submitted your website for February 2013.

Please find below the lucky websites who have made the final.

You only have 1 vote so make it count!
Selecting "Null" will count as you're vote so please select carefully.

Voting will close on March 16th 2013 at midnight.

Mmmedia

http://ppcheroes.co.uk

Teodora

http://teodora-dev.com

Dave

http://www.craftbusiness.com/

Three good choices there :)

@Mmmedia: Nice fluid responsive website. Very sleek!

@teodora: Unique. Love the background video addition, a nice touch. Colour scheme works really well too, really like the blend of the blue and purple. And it's responsive. :good:

@dave: I really like the background texture and all the different colours used. The navigation menu is simple but so effective IMO.

Good job guys!

Lyndsey.

I've always been a fan of Teodora's portfolio, I love the colour scheme, typography, subtly... everything! It has a mystical feel to it and the video is great other than the flash as it ends and repeats.

The other two are great as well but Teodora gets my vote - well done ;)

Thank you so much :)

I know about the video issue, just need to make time and try to fix it.

Please forgive me :D

@MMMedia I love the site you entered, very nice, clean and easy to use. The icons are great :)

Edit: I meant the numbers here: http://ppcheroes.co.uk/free-google-adwords-audit/ and how you have structured the page are great.

I also love the colours on Dave's site :)

Edited by teodora

I like the freshness of your site, its very vivid and punchy but still manages to be easy on the eye.

In fact your site makes me think our site could do with some injection of colour!

Nice entries, good choice.

I like all three but Teodora's stands out, first time I see a good use of background video, sensual and warm colors and a cool little detail in the way the text morphs in your testimonials....all in all a very sexy website.

PPCHEROES is also a great site, a clean effective design, a no-nonsense website, a shame that Chrome can not get rid of the jagged edges of the font.

Good job.

P.H.

How embarrassing, thankfully our clients are designers!

Why is that embarrassing? I'd love to be able to create something like yours... I think it's awesome!

How embarrassing, thankfully our clients are designers!

Hey, it's not embarrassing, your competing against great talents with profound skill and experience and you've still done well and your website is pretty darn good! ;)

Teodora is an exceptional talent with great skill so I really wouldn't be embarrassed about falling in second place to her - good job on your website mate, I like it! :good:

Thank you so much all :) Well, my skills are not really at the level I want them to be at, but I am always learning.

@MMMedia, I have had a look at your website and I think your work is great, also if I am not mistaken you have posted some great sites on the forum before. I couldn't find it in your portfolio, but remember there was a particular one with a large image background, which I loved :)

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Lillixx
      Hi! So first post. I got hit by the idea of creating a website, mostly for myself but also for anyone that might need some help with traveling more easy. Traveling, first and foremost with bus and train, and how to survive on the road and the cities basically. However, I've never created a website before if not a simple blog on WordPress counts. And this idea of mine includes some tricky features. 

So, short background first so the point of usage might be more understandable. I don't fly much but love to travel, therefore mostly by bus or train. Since money is an issue (isn't it always) I often take the time to see new places when I'm traveling from one place to another. For example like now - traveling from Barcelona where I have lived during the summer, to Gothenburg (Sweden), using Flixbus and ferries, along with local public transportation. On the road I've googled like crazy about: how to get to the different cities (there are many great search engines but usually they only work for one area or country), to get around in the city, what to see, what the local supermarkets are called, luggage storage, public toilets and so on... Sure, asking locals could (and would) have solved it, I know... Either way, if all these informations and more would have been accessible on one website I could have saved so much time. And that's where this idea came to exist. 
      Overall idea: I want to create a website that helps me to store all this information that I'm gathering during my travels, and if anyone else wants to use it, great! But I want it to be funcional and stylish as f as well. 
      Problems: don't know anything of programming and creating websites. Also, if possible, I would prefer it it was free. When searching about it, it sounds like there are so many different ways and platforms.  And most of the costs, that's why I'm writing here to get som advice on which to choose. I'm an easy learner but don't mind if it was as simple as possible. 
      The website (and all of its functions) :
      1. I want the main page to be like a map of Europe, with the bigger cities. When someone click on a city, information will appear. If it's too difficult the dream would be a small window (is it called pop-up windows?) where you can see overall information about the train and bus-station or city. Like symbols for luggage storage, wc, food, colored in different colors to show how cheap/expensive it is. And if you click any of this symbols, you open another window, or web page, with more information about it.
      2. Another, maybe more difficult one. There will be route-options. You can choose between night route/day route, train/bus, and thereafter the routes that are available for example during night time will appear. Here I would use the same background, but different routes will appear depending on what there is. And when you hoover above the route it will kinda glow up (to show that you have selected it). And if you push it you get more information in a small pop-up window (like with the stations) about travel duration. If you click it further another window open and you can read more information.
      3. In this other windows with even more information, I will write more like a blog forum. Basic info that's good to know and about my personal experience.  This I don't think will be that difficult. In the comment section however I want it to be similar to ex. reddit. Here people, or myself, can add questions like "Did it have a luggage storage?" and then other people can pitch in and answer. And if it's a really popular question that many are interested in they can upvote it, it gets pushed to the top, and I can see the interest in it. No one but me will be able to add information on the website, but they can provide me with information in the comments.
      4. This will all be a as-I-go-project. I will add on routes, cities and info along as a travel. 
      Questions: 
      - Is this dream too big with no experience? 
      - Is it possible to do this without programming? Like using a platform that allows me to do all this? Which? The cheaper the better. 
      If you've read this far, thank you so much. If you have a constructive advice for me about the idea, even more thanks to you. And if therecis anything that's unclear, please ask. 
      EDIT: 
      I've read about WordPress.org and Hostgator. Do you think those would be options when creating this site? 

• By SYSTEM_FAILURE
      Hey guys, this is my first post in the forum hoping i can get some useful information
      I am currently using "brackets" to build websites because of the freedom to code what ever i want and it feels really fast. I have been using this application to build static websites but recently have been looking to begin creating CMS sites. Now ive spent about 16 hours experimenting with CMS software, the likes of Wordpress, Drupal e.t.c. I tested about 15 in total, not a single one felt like it was any good. They all seem to work from templates, it feels like they have all been build for people who dont know how to read/write HTML CSS JAVASCRIPT. To me this just feels wrong, i understand the benefit of plugins, its fantastic being able to quickly install onto a site and its a great time saver. But my main issue is that all these platforms feel very restricting. For instance i was trying to re-build a site i coded myself, into the CMS applications which i was testing, to put it simply it was a complete pain in the arse in every one. 
      I guess what im looking for is a platform that i can build a CMS site on using HTML, CSS, and JAVASCRIPT. 
      I would like to build the structure of the site, and declare the elements that i would like the end user to edit in a back-office environment.
      The closest application to that description is "webflow", feels really nice to use, BUT it has astronomical hosting fees, and you cant export cms content outside of their server.
      I hope i have described my issue clearly enough, if you guys can suggest a great application i would be extremely grateful.

Kind regards
    • By DesignLab360
      Hello,
      Can you give me a feedback? I designed a responsive one-page business  template with Elementor Pro. Elementor is a page builder.
      Please be honest. Link: http://themelab.cloudaccess.host/
      I want to boost my portfolio.
      Thanks
    • By Randallrbaker
      Here is my website. www.vibe432.com  please check every link and every possible page ans let ne know whats wrong. Id  evenlike to have the responsiveness looked at too. Im having someone do the css and html for me so i need to tell them exactly what wrong and why it's wrong. 
    • By Gee_suss
      I need to put a link in the footer and create a new privacy page for this website (www.mala.co.uk). The footer is in php and is pasted into the code of each page. What I have done is created a test server and I have copied all of the files via ftp to this new location so I can make the changes.
      What I have found is that the website does not display correctly and none of the CSS or PHP is showing. Even though all I have done is copy all the files from one place to another.
      I did not create the website and I am wondering if the previous developer has done something to stop it being amended or copied. I am somewhat a novice but though I would be able to make the simple changes.
      PLEASE HELP! Kind Regards...