January 7, 201313 yr Hello all, I am attempting to fully validate my first xhtml document. Can anyone tell me, when I am using the recommended DOCTYPE tag: <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">'>http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Why the validator is only Tentatively validating the document, while saying the following: The detected DOCTYPE Declaration "<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">" has been suppressed and the DOCTYPE for "XHTML 1.0 Strict" inserted instead, but even if no errors are shown below the document will not be Valid until you update it to reflect this new DOCTYPE. ( the document would validate as XHTML 1.0 Strict if you changed the markup to match the changes we have performed automatically, but it will not be valid until you make these changes.) I am very new to this, I would greatly appreciate all and any help.
January 7, 201313 yr When you're validating the page, are you specifying the doc type? If so, try it while letting the validator detect the doc type automatically. Some people were having a similar issue, and it doesn't seem to be a big deal, more of just an annoyance with the validator. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6161535/ie-breaking-page-and-invalid-markup-validation
January 7, 201313 yr Author Aha! I let it detect the document type itself, fully validated. Another small victory..... Thankee Edited January 7, 201313 yr by RockwellPowerchord
Create an account or sign in to comment