Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Redesigning FredtheMonkey.com

Featured Replies

Hi all!

 

I'm currently working on redesigning FredtheMonkey.com, and I was hoping to get some expert opinions while I'm at it. I'm an animator by trade, not a web designer, but thanks to my choice to release my cartoon for free online (they exist to be enjoyed, not just for selling) I can't really go hire a firm to do the web site design for me. So I tackle it myself best that I can.

 

Here's a link to my current concept.

 

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-JK

Hey, you've done a great job I reckon.

 

When I saw how it is now I did a quick redesign in my head and your concept matches it quite well.

 

I'd say if you strip away the content and sidebar it's solid, i think it starts to slack with the content/sidebar design. I don't know whether you just couldn't be bothered designing content yet so you just did a quick mockup, I've done that before but it looks like it slacked from there.

 

I'd also maybe make the nav a bit bigger, but it could work as it is.

 

Looks great!

  • Author

Yes, the sidebar is a very quick mockup, you're right. I just grabbed then from my blog and jammed them in there as a placeholder. :)

 

So should I just design them as I normally would and keep them there, do you think? Or remove them completely and have that stuff appear towards the bottom?

 

Thanks for the thoughts!

I'd say design them and see what you can come up with, that's the only thing that really sticks out to me it doesn't look like it belongs there. I think once the sidebar's designed with the new site design in mind it'll fit :)

  • Author

Great, thanks! I'll get on that next. If there's any other thoughts in the meantime, please let me know! :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.