Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Featured Replies

Hi,

 

I've had this site up and running for a month or so now & it has come to my attention that when I visit the site (especially from a link but not exclusive to) it often says done at the bottom of my browser and displays nothing. It only takes a refresh for it to fix itself but I am interested as to why it does this.

 

I believe it to only occur in firefox but I haven't tested other browsers enough to be sure.

 

Another problem firefox produces involves a page being served as a download rather than HTML, as in it displays the save to disk box rather than displaying the page as HTML when a link is clicked.

 

The trouble with this problem is it has no pattern to it and can occasionally be hard to reproduce (i recommend repeatedly switching from page to page in firefox).

 

All my pages use php include statements which I feel may be causing the issue.

 

I wondered

a. if anybody else can reproduce the problem on their computer (I know I've done it both at home and at uni) &

b. if anybody knows why this happens and how to solve it.

 

Any help would be much appreciated.

 

oh and here's the link

this happens to me with Firefox, usually after long periods of use (>4 hours for me). It is nothing to do with your PHP - try using Firefox 3

Hi,

 

I've had this site up and running for a month or so now & it has come to my attention that when I visit the site (especially from a link but not exclusive to) it often says done at the bottom of my browser and displays nothing. It only takes a refresh for it to fix itself but I am interested as to why it does this.

 

I believe it to only occur in firefox but I haven't tested other browsers enough to be sure.

 

Another problem firefox produces involves a page being served as a download rather than HTML, as in it displays the save to disk box rather than displaying the page as HTML when a link is clicked.

 

The trouble with this problem is it has no pattern to it and can occasionally be hard to reproduce (i recommend repeatedly switching from page to page in firefox).

 

All my pages use php include statements which I feel may be causing the issue.

 

I wondered

a. if anybody else can reproduce the problem on their computer (I know I've done it both at home and at uni) &

b. if anybody knows why this happens and how to solve it.

 

Any help would be much appreciated.

 

oh and here's the link

 

I ant see any sort of problem in any of Browsers ( IE6, IE7, FF ). I am using FF 2.0.0.13

 

:blink:

  • Author

Thanks for testing,

 

well I'm glad you can't find any problems, hopfully it's just my browser.

 

Yeh I too have noticed that the 'save file' dialog box problem only appears to happen after long uses of firefox.

 

Although I still frequently get problems by which the page does not display on first attempt (even though it says 'done') and requires a refresh. Would it be possible for anybody else to test it?

 

Thinking back, this problem may have only started to occur since using an IE6 'if' statement to change the stylesheet.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.