Sign in to follow this  
jay76

How do you communicate with potential clients, customers?

Just out of interest how do you web designers communicate with your customers / clients?

Is this by phone, email, live chat or in person?

Just curious to know, also do you reply within a reasonable time scale to keep the customer client happy or take a long time to reply, how long would you leave it before replying max?

Just interested to know how you guys treat customers and potential clients ... what makes you stand out from the rest.

cheers

Phone > Face 2 Face > Phone & Email... till project done.

Face 2 Face if needed at end and or mid project

If customer gets in touch I try to reply within 2 hours weekends MY time. After 530pm ill reply but I don't always feel a need to as again its all about work / life.

I give out contracts, time scales based on experience are normally correct. Basically don't dick them about and they come back

Email/Phone > Face to face (not always possible) > email > Phone. (IM for instant client gratification :p)

I like to talk to them face to face as it's a much better way to gauge what they actually want (and whether they're going to p*** you around) and it's much better manners to talk to a human. Of course this isn't always possible, in which case get on the old blower :p

brick through a window with a note.

Horses head on pillow? Ear in a box? Oh, hold on, that's my day job..............anyways! :unsure:

some good replies, I had to laugh at the brick with a note, classic! I reckon you are old enough to remember knock on ginger lol

working in pj's or boxers, that is the way to do it

It seems like most guys are keen to keep communication at the top level and respond quickly, skype IM is defo a must.

I think the worst I have had is trying to communicate with a guy who would ignore emails for days and then just not bother to reply, and even pick up the phone and not speak.... this is a guy who promised to do some work but for what ever reason could not be bothered to communicate ... I think he had a screw loose though or was into playing games.

Keep up the good work to all of you who communicate well with your potential / current customers, it will pay off in the end and you will get the word spread about for good reasons.

Face to face for the initial meeting where possible, phone/email during project and face to face for handover :)

It depends on what needs to be discussed. But it's telephone, email and face-to-face meetings. We are trying to do more video conferencing as it saves on travel time and costs (meaning it doesn't take a whole day for a one hour meeting) but a lot of clients prefer a good old fashioned meeting.