Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Eskymo has moved...

Featured Replies

I've just moved my website from http://www.my-igloo.net'>http://www.my-igloo.net to http://www.eskymo.co.uk'>http://www.eskymo.co.uk - long story behind why it started off at my-igloo.net in the first place, but the site is now on the right domain after being on my-igloo.net for so long.

 

I'd love your opinions on the new site - http://www.eskymo.co.uk

The old site is still at http://www.my-igloo.net if you want to compare

 

The new site is still a work in progress as I've been off work since the beginning of the year as I've damaged my right arm and been unable to work, so can only do a little bit at a time, so it's taken me three months to get to this stage and I just decided to put it live even though there is still content missing.

 

I'm working in Wordpress, with a lots of content hardcoded into page templates that isn't going to need editing very often. I've decided not to have a blog as I just wouldn't have the time or inclination to write one and have instead used the blog functionality to run my portfolio.

 

Let me know if you notice something not working or you have any opinions on the functionality layout.

 

Thanks

 

E

I like the overall design, particularly nice illustrations/animations and nice colour scheme.

I think it would definitely benefit from a little more padding/margin between the content columns/paragraphs and also maybe increase the word/letter-spacing.

 

Well done, nice work

I like the overall design, particularly nice illustrations/animations and nice colour scheme.

I think it would definitely benefit from a little more padding/margin between the content columns/paragraphs and also maybe increase the word/letter-spacing.

 

Well done, nice work

I like it, but I agree with andydesigns, a bit off padding "at the edges" would work wonders, apart from that, nice site

  • Author

Thanks for the feedback so far - I personally think there's plenty of padding between the columns - maybe I'm wrong...

That's a beautiful bit of web design. On your services page, I think you'd benefit from making your h4 tags link to the read more destinations. Same goes for your 'stuff' page. Not sure about the word 'stuff' for your navigation either - it's very vague, and I think could be changed to encourage more deliberate as opposed to curious links. :)

  • Author

yeah - I'm not fond of stuff either - but couldn't think of anything else short and sweet at the time, so it's just stuck.

 

Thanks for the suggestion about the h4 titles being links. Will see if I can fit that in this week.

Yeah I remember seeing your site for the first time a couple of years ago and I absolutely loved it.

Looks even better now.

One thing though, you're telling people to download flash because they will need it, have you considered doing the snowfall animation with jQuery instead of flash?

Edited by Pedro

  • Author

Yeah I remember seeing your site for the first time a couple of years ago and I absolutely loved it.

Looks even better now.

One thing though, you're telling people to download flash because they will need it, have you considered doing the snowfall animation with jQuery instead of flash?

 

the requirement for flash is bevause I'm going to be adding all my animation stuff to the portfolio soon and that is all flash work.

  • Author

Could do soemthing with the logo. The site is awesome though :)

 

do what with the logo?

Design is super.

 

If i wanted to be a nitpick, I would criticize the Image optimization which could save about 80kB per page (70% of total image loading size).

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.