March 7, 200818 yr Hi all, I'm curious to know if there is a function out there which can make a downloadable jpeg out of an area on a web page. Similar to how you see a 'print this screen' button that can print out a specific div on the page .. is there an online function / app / bit of code I can use that would generate a jpeg to download out of a div? I suppose this would be something like stripegenerator.com which creates a gif out of something onscreen that has been dynamically created. Anyone seen anything like this out there? Cheers Chris
March 7, 200818 yr There's really no easy way around to do it (not that I know off anyway) Strip generator(.com) works in a massively different way. It's all just math and gd2 functions (or similar). Your best bet is to look into it from a js side of things seeing as js can be used once the browser has actually rendered the code. Browsershots.org uses an array of different computers/servers to actually load your website in the browsers and take the screen shots. Then posts them back to the user/website (hence the delay times).
March 7, 200818 yr Author There's really no easy way around to do it (not that I know off anyway) Strip generator(.com) works in a massively different way. It's all just math and gd2 functions (or similar). Your best bet is to look into it from a js side of things seeing as js can be used once the browser has actually rendered the code. Browsershots.org uses an array of different computers/servers to actually load your website in the browsers and take the screen shots. Then posts them back to the user/website (hence the delay times). Cheers for your thoughts mate... I didn't think this type of function existed.. I have tried to explain to the client about this.. but you know what they're like... "why can't this be done" type of mentality! Thanks again Chris
March 7, 200818 yr We had a client requiring this facility, and used Amazon's service (the one used to thumbnail sites in Alexa.com). Try: http://www.amazon.com/gp/browse.html?node=236156011
Create an account or sign in to comment