Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Layout Problem

Featured Replies

Hello,

 

I'm new to this forum and as "WEB Developer".

Actually I'm trying to be

 

My problem is, I'm creating a site that needs to have a column on the left and the heigh is 100% under the logo.

 

I'm trying to do this with CSS and I have a bleed at the bottom and I can not make it work.

 

I need to be 100% so if I resize the window so the left column takes the 100% of the space under the logo.

 

Thanks.

 

this is my HTML

 

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
<link href="css/main.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
<title></title>
</head>
<body>
<div id="outerDiv">
	<div id="outerCanvas">
		<div id="head">
			<div id="logo">
				Logo
			</div> <!-- END Logo -->
			<div id="outerBanner">
				words and words and words words and words and words words and words and words words and words and words words and words and words words and words and words words and words and words words and words and words words and words and words words and words and words words and words and words words and words and words words and words and words words and words and words words and words and words words and words and words words and words and words words and words and words words and words and words words and words and words words and words and words words and words and words words and words and words words and words and words words and words and words words and words and words words and words and words words and words and words 
			</div> <!-- END outerBanner -->
		</div> <!-- END Head -->
	</div> <!-- END outerCanvas -->
</div> <!-- END outerDiv -->
</body>
</html>

 

My CSS

 

body {
padding: 0px;
margin: auto;
font-family: "Lucida Grande", Verdana, Arial;
}

#outerDiv {
position: absolute;
max-height: 100%;
max-width: 100%;
margin: auto;
min-height: 575px;
min-width: 1024px;
height: 100%;
width: 100%;
background-color: black;
}

#outerCanvas {
margin-left: auto;
margin-bottom: auto;
margin-right: auto;
margin-top: auto;
background-color: white;
height: 100%;
width: 95%;
}

#head {
height: 100%;
background-color: #cccccc;
width: 200px;
}

#logo {
background-color: #009966;
height: 100px;
width: 200px;
}

#outerBanner {
height: 100%;
width: 200px;
background-color: #9999ff;
overflow: scroll;
}

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.