Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Need help with the background of my site

Featured Replies

Hi!

 

I'm working on my website and I'm wondering what would be the best way to build it.

 

As you can see on the attached image of the design, the background is in 2 parts, one for the main part and the other for the footer. The layout is 2000 px wide and 860 px for the main part (container).

 

The way I did it in Dreamweaver is to put the background #1 in the body. Over it, I put a div container in which is the header, menubar and main.

 

For the footer, I had to seperate it from the container so to put the image #2 as background which is also 2000 px wide. I put a 860 px wide div that contains the info for the footer.

 

I'm not sure it's the right way to do it. I'd appreciate if you could correct me if I'm wrong.

 

Thanks!

Ben.

post-15252-126412434799_thumb.jpg

The way I would do this would be to have the header bg-image on the body. I would then create a div called wrapper which would cover everything. On this, I would put the footer bg-image and give it a position of bottom.

 

I would then put the container div inside wrapper. The container would be 860px wide and contain your header, content and footer divs.

  • Author

The way I would do this would be to have the header bg-image on the body. I would then create a div called wrapper which would cover everything. On this, I would put the footer bg-image and give it a position of bottom.

 

I would then put the container div inside wrapper. The container would be 860px wide and contain your header, content and footer divs.

 

 

As simple as that?

Thanks!

Ben.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.