Sign in to follow this  
Jo 90

Vote Now! - June Website of the Month

Website of the Month  

65 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi,

Thank you to all of you who have submitted your website for June.

Please find below th elucky websites who have made the final.

You only have 1 vote so make it count!

Selecting "Null" will count as you're vote so please select carefully.

Voting will close on June 30th

Esymo

www.milomade.co.uk

Joel David Reed

www.reed-design.co.uk/Assignment/index.php

Traxor

www.traxor-designs.com

Rob

www.britishspace.org.uk

Cibgraphics

www.cibgraphics.com

NeilP

www.handballrecordings.co.uk

Tillwilly

www.thefruit-box.co.uk

Terydinho

www.luminescence.co.uk

MrP

www.indoor-gardener.co.uk

Wizely

www.insight2sales.co.uk

Stevebrown

www.myeventconsulting.com

MolotovRuss

testing.digital-results.com/coriolis

Eskymo clinches it by a nose for me - some superb work this month. My runners up: Traxor and MrP - well done folks :)

there's too many to choose from Ben - you should limit the amount of websites to five so that it's easier and also is more of a competition. I've not voted yet as I just can't make my mind up!

Ok I think I've decided now -it's been between Traxtor who's design is really nice and simple - I like uncomplicated portfolios and this one ticks a lot of boxes, but maybe it's a bit too dark and lacking in detail. The Fruit boxes one and the indoor gardener won me over because of the content - two things I'm passionate about. I only really started eating fruit as I worked in an office that had a fruit box scheme and it made my life healthier. I love the style of this site and it's message. The indoor gardener is a bit dark but it's a great site too full of interesting info and quirky little bits and pieces and also full of useful information - it's a great idea for a site.

So vote went to one of the above.

Fantastic entries this month. Good luck to everyone involved! ^_^

MrP and the indoor-gardener for me. It had the most personality I felt. Good job all!

Woah!, tough month....

After lot's of clicking... I went for Tillwilly's 'the fruit box', loved the colours and general vibe of the site.

Great work by all though!

Jesus! Amazing entries! After looking at the lot, I narrowed it down to Milomade, Fruitbox or Indoor Gardener!!?

In the end I went from Fruitbox... I loved the fresh colors, the simplicity and thought it was just brilliant.

Good job to everyone else though!

Yep Fruitbox for me! I like to see content and sites that sell things rather than look pretty so when one does both it gets my vote (and that made it hard to vote because plenty did this month).

Must be more designs this month than ever before and some real corkers. Well done folks - it lessens the pain of getting no votes when the competition is so good! :D

I think it would be better if there was less to choose from. Having so many sites makes it difficult.

I should just give up.

You seem a bit disillusioned just lately Traxor, maybe you just need to step away from all things web design for a short break, the creative juices will soon be flowing again. :)

How can I take a step back from my career? =P.

Disillusioned? If my definitions are correct, you mean that I think my designs are nice when in fact they're not?

How can I take a step back from my career? =P.

Disillusioned? If my definitions are correct, you mean that I think my designs are nice when in fact they're not?

Hold on, I was trying to help, Stepping back from your career, otherwise known as a holiday!!!

Disillusioned means you are not so as in love with what you do as you once were, if you thought your designs were good when they are not that would be "DELUDED" totally different word.

Pardon me for opening my mouth I defiantly wont bother again.

Oh, I wasn't being sarcastic or anything buddy, just trying to get my head around what you were trying to say.

Ok, sorry for my blunt reply, If I can be brutally honest for a minute, I think the reason your entry has been overlooked this time round is the fact that most of the regulars on here who vote in these competitions have already seen your site quite a few times now, and therefore its lost some of its impact, Its not that it is not a good site, I have see your site featured in some CSS showcase galleries so its not that it isnt good.

The above exchange is one reason I don't enter these competitions... (though I'm happy to vote for those who have put their heads above the parapet).

If I submit and do well but don't win, I'll find myself comparing my offering to the winner's and wondering what I did wrong, when in fact I'm probably comparing apples with mopeds... If I submit and do really badly, I'll probably sulk (at least I'm honest) and spoil what could otherwise be an enjoyable week... I'm not vain enough to think I could win.

Good to see some client work getting added into the mix for a change, rather than just all own portfolio sites. Rob get's my vote this time, but some stiff competition from others.

i really really liked The Fruit Box website, its fresh, clean and does exactly what its meant to! i love it. but i also really like traxor and rob's, so it was a hard one!

Looks like fruit is the new black :D

I can't believe my favourite (Cibgraphics) didn't find more favour - but I have to admit that my taste rarely coincides with the current fashion...

Still, out of 12 sites, I liked at least 7 - quality is very high this month.

yeh i liked Cib too, and voted it for all round implementation.

one thing im not so keen on is the drop shadow on the top.

apart from that, good job.

good work guys.

This is the first time I've submitted one of my designs for site of the month and there's some great designs here.

I really like Rob's, Traxor's, Steve's and Eskymo's.

It's gonna be a close one to call. Good luck everyone!

You miserable bunch!........can't believe i haven't got at least one vote! :angry: Right! NOT gonna take part AGAIN!!!! :cray:

don't give up neilp - I think if each month there were just 5 websites to vote on it would be a lot fairer and easier and I think we should suggest to Ben he should do this....or does no one else think the same?

Neil - I voted for you.

Initially other sites seem very 'professional' but many had a template feel, and an all too familiar look to them. Neil got my vote for being straight to the point, simple clean layout, and I'm a sucker for blue and black - oh, and the tunes were pretty good too.

Traxtor - you need more blue and green on your site LOL

Yeah I agree Eskymo. Maybe have the top 5 to vote on from the submissions, then possibly another bit that says other notable submissions showing the other good designs that don't make the top 5. Just a suggestion.

I wouldn't give up neil, there's some really good designs in there this month. I was just happy to be featured, and didn't expect my design to get as good a response as it did, although I'm always critical of my own work :)

Neil - I voted for you.

Initially other sites seem very 'professional' but many had a template feel, and an all too familiar look to them. Neil got my vote for being straight to the point, simple clean layout, and I'm a sucker for blue and black - oh, and the tunes were pretty good too.

Traxtor - you need more blue and green on your site LOL

YEAH!!! :clapping: Someone voted! Thanks for that scifunk, but i was just having a laugh. I don't mind if nobody votes really.. -_-