Sign in to follow this  
Jo 90

Vote Now! - May 2009 Website Of The Month

Website of the Month  

89 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi,

Thank you to all of you who have submitted a website for May. We have created a short list of websites for you to vote for.

Please find below a list of websites that you can vote to be the website of the month.

Remember:

If you click "View Results (Null Vote)" - that counts as your vote, so you won't actually be able to vote on anyone.

You only have 1 vote, so make it count!

Voting will close on 3rd June 2009 @ Midnight

Entries in Alphabetical order (by username):

AdamJHunt

www.adamjhunt.com

a.g.r.c

www.alistairrossini.com

Badmotherz

www.tewkesburymedievalfestival.org

Gizmo_76

www.randpdesign.co.uk/final_canteen/

Jamesicon

www.eco-environments.co.uk

luke-wikilime

www.wikilime.net

LYKC

www.yumikojones.co.uk

redhotrocket

www.redhotrocket.co.uk

Traxor

www.annakafrins.com

Some pretty incredible sites this month, great job by all. Had a hard time choosing between Alistair and Jamesicon..

wikilime got my vote, very nice design and idea for the site. If I could vote a second place I would have picked a.g.r.c, all very nice sites. keep up the good work guys :)

Thanks for the vote of confidence

Lol!

Maybe it's the picture of someone wolfing down a subway lunch?

I think a.g.r.c is an amazing site, looks good and does what its supposed to :D

lol, agreed, first page definitely catches attention :p

I'm surprised so many people have voted for Alistair's website, Adam has a great site. :)

Touch uncalled for, Alistairs site is pretty tight.

Absolutely brilliant entries this month, I went with eco-environments :D

What he said! ^_^

Aw come on... I spend all day writing unique content - can't I just plagiarise for once?!!! ;)

They're all great designs and it was difficult to choose. It was between Adam and Alistair once I narrowed it down.

In the end I chose Adam's for it's really well executed minimalism, which just looks perfect.

Thanks Charlotte :)

I voted for Eco-Environments, the light switch was just too genius to ignore, and I love the feel of the whole site.

They're all great designs and it was difficult to choose. It was between Adam and Alistair once I narrowed it down.

In the end I chose Adam's for it's really well executed minimalism, which just looks perfect.

thanks alot :)

there are a set of great designs and i loved alistair's and Jamesicon's entries.

Touch uncalled for, Alistairs site is pretty tight.

Not sure, it's just my opinion, and I think people are afraid of voicing their opinions a little on this forum. Just be honest and you'll get through, there are some severe flaws with Alistair's site, and if they were amended it would be much more 'tight'. The best thing about it is the wooden background of the header.

There's a tacky video on it, poor use of Times New Roman, far too much emphasis on nav etc etc.

I really like Badmotherz site - it really suits the topic, and the JS isn't obtrusive. Good work that man.

Also really liked Gismo76 canteen site - very nice job.

i'm for LUKE! To the admin just a simple suggestion hope it wont offend anyone. Hope June best design would have a category like (clean and minimalist, Grunge Design, Modern Elegant and Hand drawing) coz i really like lot of them but their themes are different from each other. Just a friendly suggestion only :D

Traxor, keep your negative unconstructive feedback to yourself please or i will be forced to run to the corner and cry.

I've checked your site and it's uber lamo. Whats with the nasty gradient in your header (oh sorry i was trying to be constructive)

Yeah some great designs in here thanks all for voting.

Also the "tacky" animation was my first attempt at After Effects. Lets see how your first AE attempt goes.

"Far too much empahsis on navigation" oh yeah? http://alistairrossini.com/v3/portfolio/ I only see 5 top links on this page.

http://www.traxor-designs.com/projects.php - i see at least 30 on this page

OK guys, kiss and make-up or whatever it is you have to do, Traxor you didn't need to say what you did and you admitted you're in a foul mood - as you apologised for it, I assume you know you're in the wrong there. a.g.r.c you're just as bad for replying like that! - Though I know you're trying to defend your website - just let me know next time.

Keep this forum on topic please. :)

cheers.

Hey,

I was willing to forgive and forget when he apoligised and admitted to being in a foul mood, then something obviously was still in his bonnet when he came back and insulted it again.

Yes, but I wasn't offensive about it, was just telling the truth, and I didn't verbally abuse the website at all, what I said was constructive because the use of Times New Roman on the site looks a little out of place, and you could do with styling it a little more, by 'emphasis', I mean that when using the nav (the main one), each menu item goes up a little bit much, I didn't mean that there were too many links on the page. I appreciate that it's your first try at something with After Effects, but that usually means that it will look very amateur, and it does compared to your other work, so you shouldn't put it on your website!! When you get good at it, which I'm sure you will, you can put it on your website and display how good you are then, but you're currently bringing the standard of your site down a notch by using that.

Your site does have some good points to it, such as the wooden background and the way that you've laid out your content, I also like what you've done with your name in the header. Which is a significant amount of things that I like, because if you read what I've been saying, they're all very minor things that are having a detrimental effect on the rest of your site, which is a pity.

There's no need to get harsh when talking about a website, and I am sorry for how I acted. But there are times when you need to take some criticism, take it on the chin and improve the thing rather than having a go at me. I've taken your 'uber lame' comment on the chin because I get that you're pissed off at me. There's one thing I'm always going to be, and I'm not just like it on this forum, I'm like it in every day life too, and that's honest. Even if it's sometimes brutal, it's not that I want to make people feel bad, it's just that sometimes it's better to tell someone that something looks a tiny bit off because if I'm thinking it, a potential client could be thinking it surely? Then go to someone elses site instead, that's not what you want, you want as many clients as you can get your hands on, we all do.

For the record, I know that my current website is very dull and boring with little going on, but over the past couple of weeks I've been designing a completely new website which is a lot more creative.

I am sorry for offending you, I know it's not nice somebody criticising the work that you're putting your heart and soul into, but unfortunately your site is in the public domain, and you've put it up for a design award, people will criticise it. It's happened to me and many other people on this forum, you're not the first.

Some good sites here and well executed...

but, got to be: www.eco-environments.co.uk

Superb design...love the 'lightswitch' idea...brilliant, and love the flash (not over done!) Nice balance between clever design and corporate feel, along with some SEO fundemantals.

Good job!

Not sure, it's just my opinion, and I think people are afraid of voicing their opinions a little on this forum. Just be honest and you'll get through, there are some severe flaws with Alistair's site, and if they were amended it would be much more 'tight'. The best thing about it is the wooden background of the header.

There's a tacky video on it, poor use of Times New Roman, far too much emphasis on nav etc etc.

It was just your opinion, everybody else was just keeping it civil and commenting on who they voted for. these sites are not on the reviews board, therefore no reason to comment on how effective or well put together they are, hence me commenting on your post being uncalled for.

If somebody wants the benefit of your advice or opinion they will post on the reviews board and you can go for your life, as it stands on this board, your earlier comment just looked like a petty attack.

I agree that people should not be afraid to voice their opinions, but there is a way of doing it.

Just to draw a line under this, this topic is about picking your favourite website, and a little info on why you like it.

This topic isn't in the Review section for a reason, these entrants haven't asked for criticism. Maybe we should make this clearer in future votes?

Best of luck to all participants.

Whoah looks like it got a bit heated in here!

I thought James' header that he used in the eco-environments site was stunning, but that was about it.

I voted for Alistair's for all-round quality, lovely site.

Yes, but I wasn't offensive about it, was just telling the truth, and I didn't verbally abuse the website at all, what I said was constructive because the use of Times New Roman on the site looks a little out of place, and you could do with styling it a little more, by 'emphasis', I mean that when using the nav (the main one), each menu item goes up a little bit much, I didn't mean that there were too many links on the page. I appreciate that it's your first try at something with After Effects, but that usually means that it will look very amateur, and it does compared to your other work, so you shouldn't put it on your website!! When you get good at it, which I'm sure you will, you can put it on your website and display how good you are then, but you're currently bringing the standard of your site down a notch by using that.

Your site does have some good points to it, such as the wooden background and the way that you've laid out your content, I also like what you've done with your name in the header. Which is a significant amount of things that I like, because if you read what I've been saying, they're all very minor things that are having a detrimental effect on the rest of your site, which is a pity.

There's no need to get harsh when talking about a website, and I am sorry for how I acted. But there are times when you need to take some criticism, take it on the chin and improve the thing rather than having a go at me. I've taken your 'uber lame' comment on the chin because I get that you're pissed off at me. There's one thing I'm always going to be, and I'm not just like it on this forum, I'm like it in every day life too, and that's honest. Even if it's sometimes brutal, it's not that I want to make people feel bad, it's just that sometimes it's better to tell someone that something looks a tiny bit off because if I'm thinking it, a potential client could be thinking it surely? Then go to someone elses site instead, that's not what you want, you want as many clients as you can get your hands on, we all do.

For the record, I know that my current website is very dull and boring with little going on, but over the past couple of weeks I've been designing a completely new website which is a lot more creative.

Yeah it's all good, like people have said this is not a review thread. If you dig around you will find my site up for review in that forum - go to town with it. (From that forum I learned the lesson of taking things on the chin)

Really it wasn't the fact you were commenting on the design or whatever it is the way you did it. I am all for taking constructive feedback and in the element of the competition you kind of expect it. The tone was off though which you apologised for.

Anyhoo it is all water under the bridge. We all share a common goal. Sorry if I was abrupt in response.