Sign in to follow this  
Jo 90

Vote Now! - April 2009 Website Of The Month

Website of the Month  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi,

Thank you to all of you who have submitted a website for April. We have created a short list of websites for you to vote for.

Please find below a list of websites that you can vote to be the website of the month.

Remember:

If you click "View Results (Null Vote)" - that counts as your vote, so you won't actually be able to vote on anyone.

You only have 1 vote, so make it count!

Voting will close on 3rd May 2009 @ Midnight

Entries in Alphabetical order (by username):

DamianH

www.damianherrington.co.uk

ErisDS

www.erisds.co.uk

kree8or

www.paulwatt.info

MolotovRuss

www.russbishop.co.uk

TFM4th

www.whipped-media.com

trianglehead

www.trianglehead-design.com

It's gotta be Russ for me, such a beautiful, clean site. trianglehead, TFM4th and Mamoon Rashid were very close though.. there are some pretty amazing sites this month.

There are some very cool sites this month. I really liked W3C Web design but Russ's site just remains one of the coolest portfolio sites I have ever seen.

I feel sure I have seen a design VERY similar to Mamoon Rashid's before in a css gallery, can't find it though which is real frustrating.

I'm stuck between Russell's and trianglehead's designs. Both have that fresh modern feel to it, but I'm not keen on the harsh background and strange spacing between the navigation links at the top of Russell's, at the same time it has quite a strong impact to the visitor. Trianglehead's design is unique, but just doesn't jump out of the page as much as Russell's does, plus I'm not keen on the typeface used.

Russell got my vote in the end :)

I feel sure I have seen a design VERY similar to Mamoon Rashid's before in a css gallery, can't find it though which is real frustrating.

Yeah i concur, but i might be getting it mixed up.

I voted earlier, there was one that i just loved from the offset (:

Good luck to all.

Voted :)

Some cracking sites this month, but Russ gets my vote this time round.

Is this really website of the month? Because the entries are good I think it should be website of the year. I must say your all very talented. Good luck to all. :D

One of the best collections of work in members site of the month ever I think. I have voted for Trianglehead as I think it's the best combination of design, copy and accessibility, with ErisDS coming a VERY close second. I do like Russ Bishops site from a visual point of view, but I didn't think it was accessible enough. Still very nice work though.

Russ takes the cake on this one, for a number of reasons.

Consistency, good use of colours, good use of modern tech, clear image conveyance.

It is also a little bit different but not too much.

I went for MolotovRuss. His site just looks really nice and slick.

Some great designs for April and it was a tough call to be honest.

Tel

I think this might be the one you were thinking of. Some of the images Mamoon has used have clearly been lifted from Todd's site. Considering the quality of the original, this is a pretty poor copy.

Mamoon, I'd recommend taking the site down. I've sent an email to Todd, so you'll probably be hearing from him.

I would like to ask that you please remove:

Mamoon Rashid

www.w3c-webdesign.com

from this competition as he has completely stolen my images and graphics to use as his own. My lawyer will be contacting him shortly with a cease and desist letter.

This kind of design rip-off really sickens me.

Thanks,

Todd Adams

http://www.61pixels.com

Wow, I only just noticed that I got included! Too busy being a spam assasin to actually read threads :(

Thanks for everyone who voted for me. The entries are all so fantastic this month, beautiful, fully-fledged, content-rich portfolios, I'm amazed to even have any votes!!!

wow. i bet he even got the light bulb idea from your think magic site too. So frustrating to see people getting ripped off like that

Well it good that the copied images have been changed, but it seems a little strange that w3c design is still in the running for the competition... Ben - doesnt it seem appropriate to remove this entry? I thought this competition is supposed to showcase members own design.

The problem has been reported to Ben, and I'm sure once he sees it, he will act on it. :)

Well it good that the copied images have been changed, but it seems a little strange that w3c design is still in the running for the competition... Ben - doesnt it seem appropriate to remove this entry? I thought this competition is supposed to showcase members own design.

Absolutely, the entry has been removed. :)

The problem has been reported to Ben, and I'm sure once he sees it, he will act on it. :)

Thanks very much. :)

It was a toss between Russ and Triangle, and I believe I voted for Russ last time, so Triangle it is :D

Regarding the plagiarism, the W3C Web Design Inc site does look really similar but I'm not sure if you can say its a complete rip off. (Maybe it's changed since the topic started)

skysurge. yes he did change it after he was called out. it was the actual graphics from the other page

There was only ever going to be one winner... MolotovRuss! And that's who I went for. Good effort all

Changed my site a bit. take a look (Too late now I know haha) but what you guys think about the change? (header less boring now)

TFM4th - I really like the new header! Only thing I'm not sure about is the orangey/brown you've used on the ice cream - doesn't make it look very appetizing imo ;)

TFM4th - I really like the new header! Only thing I'm not sure about is the orangey/brown you've used on the ice cream - doesn't make it look very appetizing imo ;)

Thanks, Yea Iwas thinking about changing that part of my logo in the near future. possibly remove it all together

Thanks, Yea Iwas thinking about changing that part of my logo in the near future. possibly remove it all together

I think it would look really good if the colours were more.. ice creamy. It's a good representation of 'whipped'

thanks for the idea. i probably will go with something along the lines of that. or possibly make a similar twist in the clouds in the header and remove the large one i currently have