Sign in to follow this  
Jo 90

Vote Now! - February 2009 Website Of The Month

Website of the Month  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi,

Thank you to all of you who have submitted a website for February. We have created a short list of websites for you to vote for.

Please find below a list of 5 websites that you can vote to be the website of the month.

If you are not successful this time around please re-submit your website next month.

Remember:

If you click "View Results (Null Vote)" - that counts as your vote, so you won't actually be able to vote on anyone.

You only have 1 vote, so make it count!

Voting will close on 3rd March 2009 @ Midnight

Entries in Alphabetical order (by username):

Bocaj

www.stevemorrowkitchens.com

Eskymo

www.wealthflow.com

Rjdejong

www.villamazarron.nl

SteveBrown

www.aidahrauf.com

Website Design Liverpool

www.chocolatecherrydesign.com

I was gonna stick my site in this month but couldn't figure out how to submit it?

Never mind, some really good sites anyway so i probably wouldn't stand much of a chance?

Bocaj for me too - nice site. Very simple yet elegant. Some great entries in general and it was hard to choose between them. But yeah, bocaj just nicked it at the post :)

yeah steve browns site is really nice, however made me go full screen and i couldnt figure out how to navigate. great looking however no thought into useability so cant be a good design.

yeah steve browns site is really nice, however made me go full screen and i couldnt figure out how to navigate. great looking however no thought into useability so cant be a good design.

Mmm i disagree the fullscreen is maby not so super but the newgeneration

knows how to work with this by just simply pressing esc.

The navigation is different but that doesnt makes it a bad design

it only makes you different from the rest. :rolleyes:

and i think the photographer wants it to be different

so in that way its a good design for the right person

I liked the Steve brown site up until it forced me to be fullscreen. I think that is something that the user should decide to do and not the site, as a designer we are designing for the viewers, so having an option for the user to click to make the site fullscreen is a nice idea but forcing the user to have to go into full screen is not as it takes away the viewer control of the site. As with a button this gives the user the choice to full screen or not.

Actually would you like to know what I did when it forced me to be in full screen, found the button to unfullscreen it and closed the site. Maybe I'm not the only one who has done this, so imagine the clients this photographer could of lost from something that seems so little and trivial.

its obvious to press esc to exit full screen, however i was looking for a left and right button for navigation, took a few seconds to try the arrow keys.

also the branches, although interesting confused me enough to want to his back.

suppose thats why only 11% of votes so far?

its obvious to press esc to exit full screen, however i was looking for a left and right button for navigation, took a few seconds to try the arrow keys.

also the branches, although interesting confused me enough to want to his back.

suppose thats why only 11% of votes so far?

yeps thats probably why only 11% voted

but still i like the site B)

Interesting selection - I've voted.

Note: I didn't feel I could choose the Kitchens site as it's unfinished (there's Lorem Ipsum text all over the place), and I certainly couldn't choose the one that went full-screen on me - that's a huge usability gotcha and I never revisit sites that force this on me.

I didn't feel I could choose the Kitchens site as it's unfinished (there's Lorem Ipsum text all over the place)

One PAGE! lol, nah i totally get where your coming from, i was sceptical about entering this month because i'm awaiting the last bit of content. And as we all know, content is king.

I'm really surprised eskymo's site has been so overlooked, i love the diversity in the layout of content. Each page is different in structure but still flows with the site theme.

(content structure is something i find very difficult).

I really like the site, considering a modern commercial layout (in my experience) can be somewhat limiting, i think he/she's done really well.

I think it's starting to look like WDL is gonna win -_- Let the games begins *gives cyber evils*

Just my $0.02 though.

Considering your gaining votes quickly atm, i'm not too sure, we may need a photo finish.

May the best man/boy? win!

Voted for Website Design Liverpool. I feel it's simple and different yet honest and personable... whatever that means! In short it does its job the best I think. Good effort by the others though

Good collection this month!

I voted WDL, really like the colours and the layout, infact, just really like the whole site, good work Gareth!