Sign in to follow this  
Jo 90

Vote Now! - January 2009 Website Of The Month

Website of the Month  

60 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi,

Thank you to all of you who have submitted a website for January. We have created a short list of websites for you to vote for.

Please find below a list of 4 websites that you can vote to be the website of the month.

If you are not successful this time around please re-submit your website next month.

Remember:

If you click "View Results (Null Vote)" - that counts as your vote, so you won't actually be able to vote on anyone.

You only have 1 vote, so make it count!

Voting will close on 28th January 2009.

Entries in Alphabetical order (by username):

Carawilton

www.chouselive.co.za

Chink

www.vibeaudio.co.uk

ChristopherDarling

www.christopherdarling.co.uk

Eskymo

www.eviemilo.co.uk/blog_lovehate/

Esykmo's website is this months winner for me, without a doubt, it's really really good. It has very little competition. Christophers website is very good, however I felt that it uses flash when it doesn't need to at all. That's just my opinion though :), it was close.

Christopher Darling for me which, just for the record, doesn't use flash at all.

It degrades without javascript enabled too and all in all looks very good (imo).

Well done the four of you! :D

Christopher Darling for me which, just for the record, doesn't use flash at all.

It degrades without javascript enabled too and all in all looks very good (imo).

Well done the four of you! :D

You stole my words ;)

Voted for him also!

I voted for Eskymo, But Christopher Darling's one was a very VERY close second.

Congrats to all :)

Oooh! Thank you for all your votes guys.

As someone said before, my site doesn't use Flash. It's all xHTML, CSS, and JavaScipt. It will still work without JavaScript enabled, just without all the animations.. which helps it being Search Engine friendly.

Time for me to vote.. (not for myself!) I've gone for Chink's website

I wondered why my sites was getting a load of hits this w/e - now I know! Thanks for the votes.

I voted for the competition...

I have not seen an Eskymo site I didnt like, but my vote has gone to Christopher Darling as Technically its very impressive, it proves that you dont need flash to be able to create a visually interesting website.

ohhh this one seems to be another nail biting one :pp

My vote was cast a while ago, although it was a tough choice, once again a nice selection of sites :)

I have not seen an Eskymo site I didnt like, but my vote has gone to Christopher Darling as Technically its very impressive, it proves that you dont need flash to be able to create a visually interesting website.

Could not agree more, I had to keep right clicking on it looking for the Flash settings, a nice effect to pull of in JS, well done to you, while all four (and it is a shame there isn't more) worked hard on their projects Christopher I am guessing must of had to work harder to incorporate that feel so you got my vote!

I was tempted to edit my previous post, but that's just weak. Okay I didn't look at the code and realise that it was javascript, but I'm still sticking to my guns :).

Sorry for not realising ;). It is a nice website.

Chink for me, I nearly voted for christophers website, but there were a few loose ends that neaded tidying up (me being Uber critical, it really is a excellent website, technacily supurb) but Chink's web site felt a bit more "finished". I liked love/hate a lot as well, and it really was a tough call between the them three. I thought that the first site was good too, but it seemed a bit "soulless" (if thats the right word) and could do with a designers eye. I can empathise with that as my designs tend to lack that "edge" which is why I've now hooked up with a graphic designer who can "make sites look pretty, but not make them work". On the whole, congratulations to all four entrants, I'm mightly impressed!

The voting closes tomorrow and I think it should be punctual, so a moderator should close the thread at midnight tonight, otherwise the voting is surely nullified, and the competition is void?

Voted. Why Helen is yours not on there? Tut!

I'm still tweeking. Maybe next month :)

im new to the forum registerd 2 post my vote as Christophers website realy impressed me the others r gd 2! Chink's 2nd then Eskymo 4me. Well dun every1