Sign in to follow this  
Jo 90

Website Of The Month: January 2009 Nominations

Hey! :flm7:

You'll be please to know the January 2009 nominations for Members Website of the Month are now open.

Full Rules can be Read Here

Closing date for receiving your website is: January 17th 2009

Once the shortlist has been created members will then be able to vote on your website from January 18th - January 24th

To enter, please send me a PM by Clicking here:

With the Subject: WOTM: January

Please include the following details:

Website URL:

Website Title

Comments: (If you need to add anything extra)

If you have any questions please refer to the rules or ask a question within our WOTM discussion forum

And that's it!

Good luck!

People dont forget to nominate yourself for the website awards of january!

Would be fun if there where many users who subscribed.

Greets,

Raoul de Boer

All websites don't get placed in the poll, it is just a short list of the best sites entered that month as voted for by a panel :) Plus you are supposed to PM Ben, So you never know the entire forum might of already nominated a site they had designed :p

Is there going to be a conclusion to last months website of the month awards, it's pretty clear that Blue Eskymo has won last month, so shouldn't she receive the tag etc??

http://www.webdesignerforum.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=14209

You can see there who won.

you have to remember that Ben and the mods of this site have lives outside of this site and sometimes these other lives get busy. So prize giving and winners being placed into the winners circle can take some time, but as the poll shows who came first and where others placed those interested would look there (or if they haven't can look there), and then when time permits the winner will get the prize. But normally it has been when the next poll is made the winner of the last one gets the prize...you guys are so impatient for something you didn't even win :pp

yup you were very close and you can be happy in the knowledge that you got more than doubled third places vote count :lol:

It was once again a very tight race between the two I thought were the best (and had a tough time deciding over who to vote for :pp ). So well done on creating a great looking site :)

yup you were very close and you can be happy in the knowledge that you got more than doubled third places vote count :lol:

It was once again a very tight race between the two I thought were the best (and had a tough time deciding over who to vote for :pp ). So well done on creating a great looking site :)

Thanks a lot :)

damn I'm too late to enter this month...been working on a blog design and I've nearly finished it, but not soon emough! Will have to enter it next month!

damn I'm too late to enter this month...been working on a blog design and I've nearly finished it, but not soon emough! Will have to enter it next month!

Submit your portfolio site, it's bloody amazing!

Oh well that's good then, once I've read my CSS mastery book and bought some typography books etc, going to spend a month or so on a nice design, like yours.

I need to get my copy much better too.

It took me about a month or so to rejig my site and get it looking the way I wanted and getting the copy right. It was this time last year when work was quite that I worked on it. I could do a lot more with the text and add some more fucntionality to it to be honest as it's a year old and seems a bit boring to me now, but I'm going to leave it be for a while, but am going to add a blog to it soon.

Don't worry! You have until midnight tonight if you or anyone else wants to submit your design!

Also We'll have our very first "Website of the Year" voting coming very soon! :)

:)

Hi!

As a few members have re-submitted duplicate sites from previous rounds i've decided to leave submissions open for one more day, (closes tonight at midnight) - so please send your own website or any website you have created to me and it could go through to the final voting stage tomorrow :)

Looking forward to seeing your creations :)

Ben, not sure I understand. Are we not allowed to apply twice for the same website?

It was allowed to begin with but then it got changed, as it was unfair on others if a site that had already been in the final poll got another chance and then another and then another. So it was decided that unless there was a redesign, or updated design of the site then it wouldn't be allowed that the same design be entered two months running :)

Ben, I'm not undermining you or anything, but is there any chance that responsibilities could be shared with other members of staff on the forum, it's obvious that you can't run this forum 100% of the time because you, like everyone else, are very busy, so sharing the tasks like this one, setting up threads etc, could be set up by a moderator, then closed by you, that way, we can have them open on time, and close on time?