Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

CSS Resources

Featured Replies

I just started to learn CSS now because table design is down graded now, I don't know the exact reason though, maybe because search engines like CSS or because of its easy management and customization. I'm looking for good CSS resources to build my CSS knowledge, Any advice?

I believe table design is looked down upon because different browsers don't interpret the information properly anymore (as one tiny example, IE and Firefox show table borders differently). IIRC, it might also have something to do with text readers for people with sight impairment.

 

Anyway, there are a lot of CSS templates online that are useful as source code. I also like the tutorial here: http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp

  • Author
Anyway, there are a lot of CSS templates online that are useful as source code. I also like the tutorial here: http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp

 

Could you please refer some of the url's here so I can have a look at?

 

Try this thread started by rowan:

 

Want to share your CSS knowledge?

 

as there's lots of info on that.

 

Thank you Eskymo for referenece

no problem - any questions...just ask.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Okay here I go...

I have seen many web site offering a bar of colours, fonts and width to users for changing, i think they use CSS, can you give me some usefull links to do this?

In order to do this kind of thing you need to use a stylesheet switcher.

 

I could go and explain it myself, but I'm not so good at that and the best tutorial I've found related to this topic is Paul Sowden's on A List Apart. You can find it here:

 

Alternative Style: Working With Alternate Style Sheets

 

I came across this tutorial when I saw the text widgets on this site 'What Do I Know' and thought I would give it a go. It's pretty simple to implement and you can use it to switch anything from text sizes, backgroun colours or even the entire layout of your site.

 

Some other links you might find useful:

A Backward Compatible Style Switcher

Clothing for a Website

Server-Side Dynamic Style Sheet Switcher

Build a PHP switcher

A turbo-charged style-sheet switcher

 

I hope that helps. :D

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.