Easy way to copy website

websitecloner.me

WDF MODERATOR ADDED COMMENT: In the aim of full disclosure, the person creating the thread owns this website, they did not "find" it as they claim.

I just found a website that allows you to clone any website, websitecloner.me

What do you guys think of the website?

Edited by rallport
full disclosure

I just found a website that allows you to clone any website, websitecloner.me
What do you guys think of the website?

I think that it's your website, you did not find it, and that you've posted this as some shameless self-promotion. That's what I think.

Edited by rallport
removed quoted link

I think that it's your website, you did not find it, and that you've posted this as some shameless self-promotion. That's what I think.

The OP is not making much of an effort to hide the fact going off their username :rofl:

I am just trying to get the website out there otherwise how will people find it

It depends on your target audience, but I don't think they would be developers on here. If I want to clone a site I can use Wget and download a static copy in no time. Your audience is most likely going to be amateur users that want to create a backup or archive of their website data, and have no idea about how to go about doing that. SEO is going to be more beneficial than posting on forums to find users, but only if it's done correctly.

It depends on your target audience, but I don't think they would be developers on here. If I want to clone a site I can use Wget and download a static copy in no time. Your audience is most likely going to be amateur users that want to create a backup or archive of their website data, and have no idea about how to go about doing that. SEO is going to be more beneficial than posting on forums to find users, but only if it's done correctly.

Thank you! I appreciate the feedback and advice!

That's fine, be honest about it though, say 'hi guys, I developed a website called X and it does Y' rather than claiming that you 'just found' it.

You do what everybody else does and invest in marketing. Identify your target customer and where they source products and then advertise in those places.

So for example if they use google then you need to use adwords and organic ranking to promote your product.

I however just tested your site and its appaling. I cant think of a single reason why I would ever want to use it for real. Truly dreadful.

Edited by fisicx