Forum Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Experience:Nothing
  • Area of Expertise:Designer

Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:42 AM

Hello Everyone,

I have design new logo. Tell me feedback work. Collecting logo design feedback from clients is best done. Website is https://thomas-dean-design.co.uk

Please go thorough attached logo...

Attached Files

#2 Fuzzy Logic

Fuzzy Logic

Web Guru

• Gold Membership
  • 1,362 posts
  • Experience:Advanced

Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:44 PM

One question...

Does it work in black and white? It seems very busy and if it does not work in black and white, it is no good and that is before any other assessment.

#3 rbrtsmith

rbrtsmith

ReferenceError

• Privileged
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,013 posts
  • Area of Expertise:Web Developer

Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:06 PM

How would it work on mobile devices too? The text would become close to unreadable when put on small devices.  Also make sure any logos are in vector format and not raster.

#4 fisicx

fisicx

Web Guru

• Privileged
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts
  • Experience:Intermediate
  • Area of Expertise:Designer/Coder

Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:52 PM

PS: your site didn't load on my phone and was really slow on a desktop. Pingdom says the homepage is 8.5MB and google scores the page speed at 12/100

But the box to the left of the logo adds no real value as as already suggested the words are too small to read on smaller screens and the light grey isn't that good on bigger screens.

#5 rbrtsmith

rbrtsmith

ReferenceError

• Privileged
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,013 posts
  • Area of Expertise:Web Developer

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:02 PM

PS: your site didn't load on my phone and was really slow on a desktop. Pingdom says the homepage is 8.5MB and google scores the page speed at 12/100

But the box to the left of the logo adds no real value as as already suggested the words are too small to read on smaller screens and the light grey isn't that good on bigger screens.

8.5mb  :shok:

#6 dap

dap

Web Guru

• Privileged
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 05:43 AM

might work ok in print at large enough sizes but for difital it's too busy with too many thin lines. website is pretty busy too ;)

try https://tinypng.com/ or similar for your pngs e.g. get a quote goes from 816 kb to 96.8 KB) and as design experts you should know how to optimise your jpegs already ;)

btw "newsletters" is one word, not two. And "one-stop" not "one stop". https://thomas-dean-design.co.uk/ - "travelled" not traveld
As a potential customer i would also like to see more real people from your business and less stock photography e.g. the get quote picture https://thomas-dean-...t-a-quote-5.png

Edited by dap, 22 April 2017 - 05:46 AM.

#7 Grant Barker

Grant Barker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • Area of Expertise:I'm Learning

Posted 22 April 2017 - 09:51 AM

If you are patient and let them all load.... you can see how it looks on mobile: responsinator.com

As a hobbyist, my first impression or suggestion would be to lose or very much simplify the top bar area with the grey background.

It does take a long time to load, which might not be so convenient for potential visitors. If we are visiting a pro website, we expect it to load quickly and get to the point.

I think it will be better when you reduce the content, and simplify or tidy up the top area.

EDIT: Sorry, I missed the point. I thought you were asking about the site, not the logo. I agree with what the regulars here have said. The logo is busy. Even simply having TD or an icon on the left, or nothing, would be fine because it already says Thomas Dean Design, etc.

Edited by Grant Barker, 22 April 2017 - 09:58 AM.

#8 shumicpi

shumicpi

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Experience:Beginner

Posted 22 April 2017 - 10:36 AM

I guess a logo should represent a brand and it does not require to write any slogan on it, simple and short designed logo is always preferred by all.

#9 noah2017

noah2017

Forum Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 06:26 AM

your pagespeed on desktop is pretty slow... im not sure if it works on mobile

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users