#1 5nake

5nake

Forum Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 09:34 PM

Hi.

This is my first website don't be too hard with me. I'm posting it here because I wanna know your opinion to improve.

Web Site - http://ecodews.com

Youtube Video - https://www.youtube....h?v=rVzj863ksfs

I'm planing to improve it and make available for download.

Its created by html, css, php, little bit javascript this is my week part

Thanks

Elvis

0.3.jpg

#2 Nillervision

Nillervision

All-rounder

• Privileged
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts
  • Experience:Advanced
  • Area of Expertise:Web Designer

Posted 15 April 2017 - 10:38 PM

Hello Elvis :D

Welcome to WDF.

Here are some suggestions for improvements:

Serious markup errors.

• You have no doctype declaration
  • You have no <html> element
  • You have an (extra) <head> element in the end of the body element.
  • Your first <head> element (you can only have one) is missing a (very important) title tag
  • Your home page has 4 <h1> elements. A page should only have one top level heading

CSS

• You are mostly using IDs as CSS selectors, that is bad practice and makes it imposible to reuse any styles
  • I understand that you are working on the page now, but when you are done try to minify your CSS and merge it into a single file for better performance.

JS

• You have some blocking script tags in your (first) head element, try to move them down to before the closing body tag so the browser can load and start to render the content while the scripts are loading.
  • Use a minified version of jQuery instead
  • I get that you are using the CKEditor WYSIWYG for the backend but why on earth would you have your visitors load the ckeditor script when they are on the front end?

Edited by Nillervision, 15 April 2017 - 10:44 PM.

#3 dap

dap

Web Guru

• Privileged
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts
  • Experience:Intermediate
  • Area of Expertise:Designer

Posted 16 April 2017 - 06:03 AM

get a native English speaker to proofread it too :)

#4 Phil777

Phil777

Forum Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 02:28 PM

Yes, there some English spelling mistakes. Try to solve this probem as it catches the eye. In general, your site looks good. What did you use for building it? I'm interested because I'm going to create my own website. Recently I have been suggested to try the illustration wordpress themes on https://www.template...rdpress-themes/, but I haven't decided yet. As I'm not a professional and don't have much experience, I think it is fine for me to have some doubts :)

#5 noah2017

noah2017

Forum Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 06:03 AM

Though there are still English mistakes but you're still doing great! Congratulations. I really one to make one for myself though im too busy for that

#6 5nake

5nake

Forum Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 10:56 PM

I use HTML, CSS, PHP, JAVASCRIPT as text editor I use ATOM. If you are interested maybe I can help you with your websites. Contact me admin@ecodews.com. Currently doing small google course Digital I would offer it to everybody who starts his website as its free https://learndigital...m/digitalgarage.

#7 NOCK

NOCK

Chief Troll Hunter

• Privileged
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts
  • Area of Expertise:Web Developer

Posted 17 May 2017 - 10:22 AM

I use HTML, CSS, PHP, JAVASCRIPT as text editor I use ATOM. If you are interested maybe I can help you with your websites. Contact me admin@ecodews.com. Currently doing small google course Digital I would offer it to everybody who starts his website as its free https://learndigital...m/digitalgarage.

Or maybe you could learn a bit more before trying to help others? You still have errors that were pointed out to you by @Nillervision a long time ago.

#8 Grant Barker

Grant Barker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • Area of Expertise:I'm Learning

Posted 17 May 2017 - 01:03 PM

Hello my name is Elvis and I’m part time Web Developer. I’m ready to help small companies or just a person who need website ,portfolio … I been increasing my knowledge in HTML, CSS, JavaScript, PHP. If you are searching for somebody who could create a WebSite For FREE fell free to Contact Me.

Hello, my name is Elvis and I’m a part-time Web Developer. I’m ready to help small companies, or just a person who needs a website, portfolio, etc.
I have been increasing my knowledge in HTML, CSS, JavaScript and PHP. If you are looking for somebody who could create a website for FREE, feel free to contact me.

(In case this helps)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users