#1 Fuzzy Logic

Fuzzy Logic

Web Guru

• Gold Membership
  • 1,339 posts
  • Experience:Advanced
  • Area of Expertise:Designer

Posted 02 April 2017 - 06:39 PM

Myself and my business partner wanted to take our business in a new fresh direction, so we are renaming and rebranding, this is what I have come up with so far, we want to base ourselves around the idea that design communicates meaning, that it has purpose with emphasis on research design, this is the purpose of the 'vibrate' ripples..

Please tell me what you think, what your initial impressions are etc, thanks

Attached File  brand_voice.jpg   150.14KB   0 downloads Attached File  dot_v_brand.jpg   250KB   0 downloads

#2 fisicx

fisicx

Web Guru

• Privileged
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts
  • Experience:Intermediate
  • Area of Expertise:Designer/Coder

Posted 03 April 2017 - 08:14 AM

What vibrate ripples? I just see 6 leaf shapes with a moiré type background.

The words seem a little contrived, as if you found some that fit rather than telling a potential client what it is you do. If I saw that image I'd think you were some sort of marketing consultant.

The second image again tells me very little. I have no idea what 'control the experience' means. Maybe if was on a website with a tagline that says you are a design company it might work but in isolation it's a little confusing.

#3 Fuzzy Logic

Fuzzy Logic

Web Guru

• Gold Membership
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 09:11 AM

With respect, I dont think you know enough about design to understand it.

#4 fisicx

fisicx

Web Guru

• Privileged
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 09:55 AM

I agree, I know very little about design.

I'm just looking at it as a prospective client and feeding back what I see (which is what you asked for). I don't see the ripples and I don't know what 'control the experience' means.

#5 Fuzzy Logic

Fuzzy Logic

Web Guru

• Gold Membership
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 11:34 AM

There are ripples in both the text and on the icons, the icons are droplets, not leaves and you wont get to know what control the experience means as it sits, but the idea around that is that purposeful design enabled you to control how your customer acts or their reaction to your business

#6 fisicx

fisicx

Web Guru

• Privileged
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 12:22 PM

That's how you see it. It's not how I see it. My wife thinks they are onions!

I don't see any ripples, I just see lots of contour lines (like on a map).

I sort of get what you want it to achieve but it's not really working for me.

PS: I showed it to three other people and they all said it looks nice but they have got no idea what it means

Edited by fisicx, 03 April 2017 - 01:07 PM.

#7 Fuzzy Logic

Fuzzy Logic

Web Guru

• Gold Membership
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 06:33 PM

In order to explain this, I would need to explain brand, what it is and what it does.

I want to convey a message through my design, the brand it not the image, the brand is not the design, it is in fact, the impression my target audience get when they see my assets (commonly referred to as "the brand"). The ideas behind a brand would speak to your target audience, not in a literal sense, but I explain it here because it has to have some meaning, they are a promise, not a literal "you must know what this means", otherwise no-one would know who the hell Mc Donalds is for example as most people do not know where their branding and logo comes from.

To be honest, I have seen you post remarks about showing people's work to your friends before, but in all honesty, their opinion does not matter at any time, not unless

1) they are a designer and know a thing or two to be able to give constructive objective criticism.

2) They are my target audience and the design is wholly inappropriate (this would only happen with no or very little research into target audience)

3) They have some other type of experience or training to give a professional response. This is the reason I post on a web form and not in a general public forum, because there are designers here who know what they are talking about.

I thank you for your reply and appreciate it, outside comments are always helpful to a degree.

But.. I don't generally go to the coding forums and state that someone is (using an analogy) "using the wrong software" because I simply don't know enough about development to do that although I may attempt to help if they have coding problems, so to put that into context, I don't mind you saying you don't like it and giving me your reasons why, but I am a little more defensive when you comment on the concept without understanding the context.

#8 fisicx

fisicx

Web Guru

• Privileged
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 06:55 PM

I get all that. I know what branding is and how it can enhance a business as part of an overall marketing strategy. What I'm not very good at is the actual design bit.

If the image and logo you have created is going to be used alongsite other content (such as a description of what you do) then I can see how it might work but in isolation it just confuses me. Unless you had explained the backgrounds I would never have got the ripples bit. If I had seen the words without knowing anything about you or your business I wouldn't have understood what they represent.

So whilst I like your design I just don't get the messages it portrays.

#9 Fuzzy Logic

Fuzzy Logic

Web Guru

• Gold Membership
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 06:36 PM

This is really cool, I'm definitely going to use it.. http://s.codepen.io/...eQ/VJMxxZGpXEPM

• dap likes this

#10 Fuzzy Logic

Fuzzy Logic

Web Guru

• Gold Membership
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:55 PM

Attached are a few more assets, incompleted branding guidelines, a website homepage, business card first draft, I hope with all these, the brand idea is made clearer, cheers

Attached File  Logo and Brand Identity Guidelines Template.pdf   1.7MB   3 downloads
Attached File  IMG_2412.PNG   306.5KB   0 downloads
Attached File  IMG_2410.PNG   1.17MB   0 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users