#1 AIDesigns

AIDesigns

Forum Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 01:49 PM

Hi,

I hope I am asking in the right place as this has been driving me mad, I've recently migrated this website http://brucefarms.co.uk to a new hosting on GoDaddy. The website as it stands is very slow and I was hoping once I did the below it would be upto speed but nothing seems to be improving? 

I would admin I am a beginner(ish) web designer. 

I installed 

W3 Total Cache as a page report indicated it wasn't caching at all. 

WP Optimise

Regen Thumbnails

WP Smush

But the website is still poor.

ps if you want to view the new version as it's not live yet you will have to change your hosts file to point

brucefarms.co.uk to 160.153.16.19

Thanks any help would be really appreciated. 

#2 fisicx

fisicx

Web Guru

• Privileged
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts
  • Experience:Intermediate
  • Area of Expertise:Designer/Coder

Posted 17 March 2017 - 02:08 PM

A shared server (with 3000 other website) in Arizona, loads of plugins, poor theme and 85 server requests

It took 19 seconds for the server to respond.

Move to a decent UK host, junk the theme and remove the plugins (you don't need them)

#3 AIDesigns

AIDesigns

Forum Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 02:26 PM

A shared server (with 3000 other website) in Arizona, loads of plugins, poor theme and 85 server requests

It took 19 seconds for the server to respond.

Move to a decent UK host, junk the theme and remove the plugins (you don't need them)

Thanks for the reply - Could you tell me where you got the Arizona information from? The server was supposed to be UK with goDaddy

#4 nublue

nublue

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Experience:Nothing
  • Area of Expertise:Designer

Posted 17 March 2017 - 02:41 PM

The IP you've provided is reported by GoDaddy as being located in Scottsville, Arizona - http://viewdns.info/...p=160.153.16.19, same place as your current hosting ( brucefarms.co.uk resolves to 173.201.63.128)

Physical location may be different.

Edited by nublue, 17 March 2017 - 02:43 PM.

#5 BlueDreamer

BlueDreamer

Web Guru

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,456 posts
  • Experience:Advanced
  • Area of Expertise:Web Developer

Posted 17 March 2017 - 02:47 PM

GoDaddy is a US company and their servers are mainly US based (though I believe they also have data centres in Amsterdamn and Singapore), plus they overcrowd servers as fisicx pointed out - hence the "low price" and "unlimited" offerings.

For a UK company with a presumably mainly UK audience you'd do much better with a quality UK web host...

#6 AIDesigns

AIDesigns

Forum Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 02:57 PM

I would like to note that I have another website running on this host - dundeecoldstores.co.uk 

This appears to be working very smoothly. 

#7 BlueDreamer

BlueDreamer

Web Guru

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,456 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 03:44 PM

The dundeecoldstores.co.uk resolves to a different IP address, that particular server may not be as overloaded as the other one (yet).

Edited by BlueDreamer, 17 March 2017 - 03:44 PM.

#8 AIDesigns

AIDesigns

Forum Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 04:22 PM

The dundeecoldstores.co.uk resolves to a different IP address, that particular server may not be as overloaded as the other one (yet).

Hi, the dundeecoldstores.co.uk is hosted on 163.150.16.19 (new hosting I recently purchased) if you configure you're host file to point brucefarms.co.uk to this IP as well, you will see that they are both slow.

A

#9 BlueDreamer

BlueDreamer

Web Guru

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,456 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 06:20 PM

It's GoDaddy - they don't have a very good reputation - your best bet is to find a good UK based host with UK servers!

#10 hynds

hynds

Forum Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 02:02 PM

Hi, the dundeecoldstores.co.uk is hosted on 163.150.16.19 (new hosting I recently purchased) if you configure you're host file to point brucefarms.co.uk to this IP as well, you will see that they are both slow.

A

I think your site or plugins on site having problem. Try to disable all plugins on your slower site and test again. Example 4 cache plugins you listed above:

W3 Total Cache
WP Optimise
Regen Thumbnails
WP Smush

#11 ssraj

ssraj

Forum Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 04:56 AM

The website speed is depends on

- number of server request

- Size of Images

- Java Script and CSS files

- Theme

- Installed Plugins

Things to consider:

- Send minimal request to server for processing

- Set the size of image as per block not more than that

- Put JS and CSS file in seperate folder and call only when you need it

- Choose responsive theme that takes less time to load

- If you are using any CMS then try to use plugin if you didn't have solutions of it.

Be careful with these above points and increase your website speed. Hope you will like it.

#12 jessicajones

jessicajones

Forum Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 07:49 AM

Your server-side/back-end performance plays a crucial role in your page performance. There are many causes to a slow server-side, but they can essentially be grouped into two categories like Inefficient code or SQL, Bottlenecks/Slow Server. 

Since each site has a unique platform and setup, the solution to these issues is dependent on each site. Used to improve server-side speed is to do Code Optimization, Page Caching, site optimization.

#13 BrowserBugs

BrowserBugs

Unhinged

• Privileged
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,116 posts
  • Experience:Intermediate
  • Area of Expertise:I'm Learning

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:11 AM

On the server side note you can debug bottle necks, php would be add this at the very beginning...

<?php $time = microtime(); $time = explode(' ', $time); $time = $time[1] + $time[0]; $start = $time; ?>

... then you can report into the source after each main component to see where the bloat is, e.g. ...

<?php include("somebigincludefile.php"); ?>
<?php $time = microtime(); $time = explode(' ', $time); $time = $time[1] + $time[0]; $finish = $time; $total_time = round(($finish - $start), 8); echo "<!-- Big include file generated in " . $total_time . " seconds. -->"; ?>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users