Forum Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Experience:Intermediate
  • Area of Expertise:I'm Learning

Posted 01 March 2017 - 12:34 PM

hy people :)
while doing submission, Tittle should contain only keywords or we can opt for some catchy title line
and is it necessary to include actual keyword?

#2 designgem

designgem

Forum Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts
  • Area of Expertise:Web Designer

Posted 01 March 2017 - 02:46 PM

Where/what are you submitting?

#3 BrowserBugs

BrowserBugs

Unhinged

• Privileged
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,107 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 05:47 PM

Meta title is not set in stone, search engines can make their own based on factors (e.g. Google sometimes uses the H1 as result title rather than meta title if it's more fitting than the meta title). Naturally search terms would be included in a meta title if you're making a good meta title to summarise the page, it's click bait at the end of the day so it needs to be eye catching (summary) rather than keyword stuffed; your meta title alone will not rank you. Search engines are not stupid, their ultimate goal is to return the best results for any given term, anything less to them is a failure.

With regards to title as in external link title attribute, don't think adding 92% of links with exact match titles will help, it's grounds for a penalty with Ze'Googles.

Edited by BrowserBugs, 01 March 2017 - 05:48 PM.

#4 soumya23

soumya23

Forum Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 05:44 AM

Where/what are you submitting?

It asks for a title while submitting in social bookmarking sites, directory, or while submitting video and in classified sites.
different people are saying different things so what is the best practice ?

#5 BrowserBugs

BrowserBugs

Unhinged

• Privileged
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,107 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 09:53 AM

It asks for a title while submitting in social bookmarking sites, directory, or while submitting video and in classified sites.

Aha so they use this title as anchor text? e.g.

<a href="http://www.yourdomain.com/">Title Goes Here</a>

or ...

<a href="http://www.yourdomain.com/" title="Title Goes Here">Visit Website</a>

Thing to remember is not to 'over egg' your links. Unnatural link patterns can trigger a search engine negative response. I'm sure there's some official stats however search engines expect a high percentage of links to either use your url, company name or action words such as 'click here' or 'visit website'. If 90% say of your inbound links are all exact matching terms (e.g. "Best Web Design") then one negative effect i've seen form a client doing this was an algorithmic penalty where their ranking for the given term was slammed out of the top 100 as the search engines considered them unnatural.

Secondly it's also about the reputation and quality of the site which is linking to you and how their links are rated. If most of their outbound links consist of too many exact match links then it's conceivable that the authority of their links is questionable.

#6 soumya23

soumya23

Forum Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 11:07 AM

Aha so they use this title as anchor text? e.g.

<a href="http://www.yourdomain.com/">Title Goes Here</a>

or ...

<a href="http://www.yourdomain.com/" title="Title Goes Here">Visit Website</a>

Thing to remember is not to 'over egg' your links. Unnatural link patterns can trigger a search engine negative response. I'm sure there's some official stats however search engines expect a high percentage of links to either use your url, company name or action words such as 'click here' or 'visit website'. If 90% say of your inbound links are all exact matching terms (e.g. "Best Web Design") then one negative effect i've seen form a client doing this was an algorithmic penalty where their ranking for the given term was slammed out of the top 100 as the search engines considered them unnatural.

Secondly it's also about the reputation and quality of the site which is linking to you and how their links are rated. If most of their outbound links consist of too many exact match links then it's conceivable that the authority of their links is questionable.

Thanks
for sharing this thing with me :)

#7 Finkin

Finkin

Forum Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 07:29 AM

Meta title is not set in stone, search engines can make their own based on factors (e.g. Google sometimes uses the H1 as result title rather than meta title if it's more fitting than the meta title). Naturally search terms would be included in a meta title if you're making a good meta title to summarise the page, it's click bait at the end of the day so it needs to be eye catching (summary) rather than keyword stuffed; your meta title alone will not rank you. Search engines are not stupid, their ultimate goal is to return the best results for any given term, anything less to them is a failure.

With regards to title as in external link title attribute, don't think adding 92% of links with exact match titles will help, it's grounds for a penalty with Ze'Googles.

Exactly!

#8 RonitaK

RonitaK

Forum Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 12:22 PM

Hi, You can use both either keyword or long tail of keyword. It’s better if you use some catchy lines.

#9 RonitaK

RonitaK

Forum Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 11:22 AM

Hi soumya, you can use both, keyword and long tail of keyword in the title.

#10 theweb_design

theweb_design

Forum Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 05:51 AM

You can go for both- Keywords/long tail keywords. It depend on your website and services.

#11 fisicx

fisicx

Web Guru

• Privileged
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts
  • Area of Expertise:Designer/Coder

Posted 17 March 2017 - 08:15 AM

However....

If you are submitting in the hope this will boost your ranking you are wasting your time. The best practice is not to do this at all.

#12 soumya23

soumya23

Forum Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 12:47 PM

However....

If you are submitting in the hope this will boost your ranking you are wasting your time. The best practice is not to do this at all.

so what else we can opt ?

#13 paulysanju

paulysanju

Forum Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 04:01 AM

You can use both keyword and catching titles when you submitting.But never remember to add meta keywords. When you using your keywords on title get some chance to easy  indexing your website.

#14 Kereana K

Kereana K

Forum Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 11:45 AM

based on your websites and services using both keywords and long tail keywords are the best strategy 

#15 eurus

eurus

Forum Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Experience:Beginner
  • Area of Expertise:SEO

Posted 10 April 2017 - 12:59 AM

Yes, it is still necessary to include the actual keyword in the topic. The fact is that Google still crawl your content and index the website, then it changes the rank based on keywords it has found.

#16 Rohan09

Rohan09

Forum Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 05:22 PM

another syntax for anchor text is:Title Goes here

#17 dilby

dilby

Forum Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Experience:Advanced

Posted 20 September 2017 - 08:41 AM

I'd advise against randomly submitting content to 'directories' - this is very a old SEO tactic and now isn't only likely to have no affect but to have a negative affect. If you are listed (even through no fault of your own) on any directories/link farms etc that google view as spammy (which is the vast majority) then you will bear the brunt and need to go through and dissociate yourself from these sites using the disavow tool. 

There's only one tried and proven method:

- Make sure you're being crawled by the major search engines

- Then earn link banks from reputable website due to a good content strategy

Otherwise you will pay the price.

#18 Jennifer@Webriq

Jennifer@Webriq

Forum Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Experience:Nothing
  • Area of Expertise:Affiliate Marketing

Posted 22 September 2017 - 06:21 AM

Hi soumya23,

I have worked with an SEO company before and I agree with dilby in this one. Submitting content to random directories can lead to spamming and there is a possibility that Google will bring down your site due to duplicate content to random sites. If you plan to submit to a directory, make sure that it is legit and has hight authority. This means that the site is trustworthy. 

As per question about the keywords, it is better to use keywords with your brand and an exact location like 'red Nike shoes in Liverpool'. This way it's unique and its easier for the algorithm to recognize your shop due to the brand and location.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Jennifer

#19 tayller1

tayller1

Forum Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 12:00 PM

Hi everyone, how much does Social Media help in SEO? If you have information about Social Media, please share with me.

#20 Jennifer@Webriq

Jennifer@Webriq

Forum Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Experience:Nothing
  • Area of Expertise:Affiliate Marketing

Posted 25 September 2017 - 10:20 AM

Hi, tayller1!

In my opinion, social media plays an important role in SEO, especially now that people are widely connected through social media. Almost everybody has a Facebook account or a Twitter account. In addition, social media is free! It an effective tool to advertise your business or website especially if you are still starting or just a small enterprise. In fact, because it is widely used by people that sometimes they rather create social media accounts rather than websites.

Kind Regards,

Jennifer

#21 Jack

Jack

NaN

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,184 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 02:00 PM

Hi everyone, how much does Social Media help in SEO? If you have information about Social Media, please share with me.

The only way to improve rankings from social media is to delete all of your social media profiles, remove your account on here, and move to a shed on the Isle Of Man. I know someone that did this, their site is on like page 4 of Bing now, so it works.

#22 Rohan09

Rohan09

Forum Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 05:07 PM

use the long tail keyword in your title is very good

#23 BlueDreamer

BlueDreamer

Web Guru

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,452 posts
  • Area of Expertise:Web Developer

Posted 27 September 2017 - 05:57 PM

The only way to improve rankings from social media is to delete all of your social media profiles, remove your account on here, and move to a shed on the Isle Of Man. I know someone that did this, their site is on like page 4 of Bing now, so it works.

Ah but does it work for the Isle of Wight?

#24 Sumit_Singh

Sumit_Singh

Forum Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Area of Expertise:SEO

Posted 09 October 2017 - 05:37 AM

Social Media is a Medium to drive the traffic to your website by target your targeting audience and it helps to build your brand image. In terms of ranking, there is no role of Social Media in the SEO.

First thing, why to do Social Bookmarking and Directory Submission?

And the best practice for the Title is to keep the keywords in the catchy lines.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users