2 replies to this topic

#1 blue who

blue who

Forum Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 02:52 PM

A membership plugin with this capability - restrict new sign ups to a pre defined area dependent on zipcode/postcode. Is something like this out there? I can't find anything when I've researched, perhaps my wording is unclear?

Basically I'm looking to build a membership/subscription site, but I'd like to only accept signups close to my location, can something like this be done? 

Thank you.

#2 BlueDreamer

BlueDreamer

Web Guru

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,426 posts
  • Experience:Advanced
  • Area of Expertise:Web Developer

Posted 16 February 2017 - 10:07 PM

You should be able to use any sort of subscription system. All you need to do is specify a criteria that the customer has to tell you before they get to the subscription process.

#3 HostAG

HostAG

Forum Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Experience:Nothing
  • Area of Expertise:Designer

Posted 17 February 2017 - 04:42 AM

You can also use a IP based access system, where you can eliminate all countries except the ones you like. This would be more to your liking, but it can also eliminate customers with dynamic IPs that go international (many ISPs buy IPs that are from other countries), and all customers that are using a VPS/VPN/remote server to connect to your website. If I were you and I would only users from a certain area, you can use a captcha system that has a question related to your area and to which foreigners will be unable to answer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users