10 replies to this topic

#1 zayl

zayl

Forum Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 12:52 PM

Hey guys, someone made a new website, but I am a bit confused. While I find the design good looking, I am not sure if the text is clear or readable enough as if it sometimes blends with the background? What are your opinions? Is it good as is or is improvement necessary? Any other opinions about the site including the layout after clicking on the different links is also much appreciated. 

Thank you most kindly for helping me with your opinion.

The website: http://www.raidfox.c...ment/index.php/

#2 Fuzzy Logic

Fuzzy Logic

Web Guru

• Gold Membership
  • 1,336 posts
  • Experience:Advanced
  • Area of Expertise:Designer

Posted 16 February 2017 - 01:37 PM

It's a pre-made template theme, the text is fine..

#3 fisicx

fisicx

Web Guru

• Privileged
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts
  • Experience:Intermediate
  • Area of Expertise:Designer/Coder

Posted 16 February 2017 - 02:03 PM

Doesn't work well on a phone. It's a desktop theme adapted for small screens and it doesn't do it well. And it's not that good on a desktop

But that's what you get if you only pay $69 for the theme: https://themeforest....d-more/18040962

It's full of pointless animations and all the hero image does is prevent people from getting to the products. There are formatting and layout issues and some bits just don't work as expected.

Hope you didn't pay them too much for the site.

#4 zayl

zayl

Forum Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 04:12 PM

Thanks so much for the responses so far!! :) The site is still under construction though so it prolly has some issues. Sorry that I forgot to mention that part. I was mainly concerned with if the design is good for customer conversions?

#5 Bilo

Bilo

Forum Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Experience:Nothing
  • Area of Expertise:I'm Learning

Posted 16 February 2017 - 06:04 PM

Some text is harder to read depending on the screen size. On smaller screens, some white text leaves it's background image and overflows on a grey background. The "Discover..." sentences on the home page are also difficult to read.

Edited by Bilo, 16 February 2017 - 06:04 PM.

#6 fisicx

fisicx

Web Guru

• Privileged
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 06:44 PM

Thanks so much for the responses so far!! :) The site is still under construction though so it prolly has some issues. Sorry that I forgot to mention that part. I was mainly concerned with if the design is good for customer conversions?

No it's not

If you want to sell stuff get rid of all the distractions, the sliders and the animations and just show me the products.

#7 zayl

zayl

Forum Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:20 AM

I see, thank you for your much appreciated opinions. Yes im wondering if it is possible to solve the problem in an easy way though? I'm not sure if we got recources enough to start from scratch. Do you think making the text more shiny or visible could solve the dilemma? Perhaps then customers could more intuitively know where to find the products?

#8 fisicx

fisicx

Web Guru

• Privileged
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 12:10 PM

Change the theme to something simple (there are plenty to choose from).

Put all your efforts into the product images, descriptions and site navigation. Get this right and you stand a much better chance of success. The theme is less important than the products and how you sell them.

It's worth noting as well that the cost of the website will be far less than the cost of marketing. If you don't have a decent marketing budget the business will fail.

#9 Martin Scurry

Martin Scurry

Forum Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 01:39 PM

its really extra ordinary i think you can go with some simple template. over design not good for ui.

#10 alexmv

alexmv

Forum Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Experience:Advanced
  • Area of Expertise:Web Developer

Posted 17 February 2017 - 03:07 PM

I think you don't need to change the theme but try to change the home page inside this theme. This "Wenro" theme have multiple home pages. Try to change it to some that feature more the products. Like "home page 7" or "home page 12". It seems you use "home page 9" now. Also, pay attention to details. For example, the top logo looks jagged. You need to create better .png because now it looks like an error.

It is very unlikely to take some theme and use it as it is. Most of the time you will do some small (and sometimes not so small) adjustments so it fits better to your needs.

Alex

#11 zayl

zayl

Forum Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 11:01 AM

Those are some great advice, we will take it into consideration and work on how to make products more visible. Thank you so much again for your help! :) Ill make an update when its improved! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users