Photo
- - - - -

Wordpress templates you can use more than once?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 krs360

krs360

Forum Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 03:12 PM

Hi guys,

I'm comfortable with HTML/CSS and am learning PHP so thought Wordpress would also be a quick and easy option in some cases where the client might need to push updates to their website frequently.

I've come across some nice themes on themeforest, however their license prevents using that template more than once, you would need to purchase the theme once per client. Does anyone know of any resources where the license allows more than once use?

note: I appreciate that it's not a huge amount of money, however I'm just starting out and I'll likely need to provide the website without cost and the client pays for the domain/hosting to build a little portfolio.

Thanks.

#2 TimW

TimW

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Experience:Intermediate
  • Area of Expertise:Nothing

Posted 10 January 2017 - 04:25 PM

Wordpress is the most popular CMS by a long way, partly because of the way that it has allowed theme and plugin developers to make money. It is neither the quickest nor the easiest option, but you will probably have to use it because it's everywhere.

You can use free themes for wordpress. There are lots. You can learn to convert an html site to a wordpress theme. If I want really quick and simple I use GetSimpleCMS, particularly because converting a free html template to a theme is totally quick and easy.

#3 fisicx

fisicx

Web Guru

• Privileged
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts
  • Experience:Intermediate
  • Area of Expertise:Designer/Coder

Posted 10 January 2017 - 04:37 PM

There are thousands of free themes. Just start here: https://wordpress.org/themes/

#4 barbara

barbara

Forum Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 08:30 AM

Hii @krs360,

Why don't you try free themes and templates. There are lots of free and awesome theme providers are present in marketplace.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users