#1 bedmal

bedmal

Forum Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 03:06 PM

Good afternoon,

We have spent the last 6 months working on our website www.flux.ooo - which is a WebGL website designed to bring our logo to life and create a social interaction with the public all intrinsically linked to our tag FULFIL INNER POTENTIAL

There is an awful lot of animation and design work gone into creating the website, so I would like to invite critique. At this stage we can still change things, but we are due to launch our product page in the early part of 2017.

Please explore the concept, read some of the content posted by the public (drawn in through facebook ads since the recent launch of the beta) and add your own pixel to see the full animation and WebGL experience.

All feedback will be greatly received and I appreciate your time.

Regards,

L Smith

p.s happy to review anybody else's site; just ask

#2 fisicx

fisicx

Web Guru

• Privileged
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Experience:Intermediate
  • Area of Expertise:Designer/Coder

Posted 11 December 2016 - 06:05 PM

Well after sitting through the slow load time and the very long intro I still had no idea what you are trying to acheive. I uploaded my pixel and am still none the wiser.

It reminds me a bit of http://www.milliondollarhomepage.com/ but is way too complicated. And the animations are sluggish

It is very clever and I'm sure these is all sorts of clever technology behind it but it just doesn't 'do' anything and just takes too long to get anywhere. Or maybe I'm just too old and out of touch.

PS: how do I find my own pixel?

#3 bedmal

bedmal

Forum Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 06:36 PM

Well after sitting through the slow load time and the very long intro I still had no idea what you are trying to acheive. I uploaded my pixel and am still none the wiser.

It reminds me a bit of http://www.milliondollarhomepage.com/ but is way too complicated. And the animations are sluggish

It is very clever and I'm sure these is all sorts of clever technology behind it but it just doesn't 'do' anything and just takes too long to get anywhere. Or maybe I'm just too old and out of touch.

PS: how do I find my own pixel?

Thanks FISICX,

I really appreciate your feedback. I understand the concept needs refining somewhat, so we will work on those points to make it clearer.

Animation wise, these are usually very smooth (and took a long time to code efficiently), so perhaps your internet connection was poor or perhaps you were using a tablet?

I believe this may be a link for your pixel http://whatisflux.com/en/?pixel=105

But otherwise, you go onto the logo and can scour by hovering over the pixels.

Many thanks again, Luke

#4 fisicx

fisicx

Web Guru

• Privileged
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Experience:Intermediate
  • Area of Expertise:Designer/Coder

Posted 11 December 2016 - 09:35 PM

....so perhaps your internet connection was poor or perhaps you were using a tablet?

If that is the case then maybe you need to rethink things. More people now use wifi and phones and tablets are more prolific than desktops. Which means your site needs to be a lot faster and slicker on poor quality connections and touchscreen devices.

#5 BlueDreamer

BlueDreamer

Web Guru

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,385 posts
  • Experience:Advanced
  • Area of Expertise:Web Developer

Posted 12 December 2016 - 12:46 AM

I had a quick look:

• The music is annoying
  • There's nothing on the site (that I could find) that tells me what you do.
  • It loads very slowly on mobile, where I live 4g is only available when it's not cloudy and the 3g isn't the best speed

#6 Grant Barker

Grant Barker

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts
  • Experience:Nothing
  • Area of Expertise:Nothing

Posted 30 December 2016 - 02:41 AM

I think it has a lot of potential, if it becomes easier for the visitor to immediately understand what they can gain from being there. (Bear with me)

As a visitor, it would be enticing to see a recommendation:

'Why not add your pixel to the Flux, be part of ... etc..'

'Your pixel is your message, your image, your call to action, whatever you want it to be.'

Coming from the old Flash website days, I see the allure of creating a visual and audible visitor experience..

It loaded fine on my PC at home.

I would have the skip button a little bigger for people to see, unless you make it more obvious what they are waiting for.

You could also have a small audio monitor (like a moving bar chart) in a top corner to go along with the speaking/music, so that the visitor could adjust the volume or pause the audible experience, or change it. The more control you give people, the more they might revisit for fun.

Edit​: I didn't notice the audio speaker at the bottom left. (A volume control would be nice, too. Or have the audio taper off instead of abruptly stop.)

(The dramatic audio reminds me of the old petskeleton flash website (which sadly isn't around anymore)).

I like the 3D man and I was interested to see that I could click and scroll to look around him. I was a little disappointed that when I first tried looking around him the animation took over control and continued on automatically. (That brightness part hopefully isn't subliminal messaging.)

​You could also show a mouse scroll wheel, so that viewers realize that they can zoom in and out with the mouse, too.

Definitely refine this project. I'm very interested to see how it develops. Maybe have the music time out, change or lower the volume after a certain amount of loops or dependent on interaction. Seeing as you are into audio, you could also have some very nice complimentary sounds and other subtle effects upon different interactions, mouse clicks, swipes, etc..

Test the experience with non techie family members and friends and ask them to dictate their user experience as they see it for the first time. 

If each pixel could have an address, so that users could email each other their pixel..

This has the potential to be very big. Some nice and hard work there. And some of the messages (pixels) left by people are powerful, too.

2 cents and Thumbs up.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: webgl, review, startup, launch, animation, html, babylon, branding

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users