NullDrone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Experience:Beginner
  • Area of Expertise:I'm Learning

Posted 21 November 2016 - 08:54 PM

What I think this forum lacks is a section where you can discuss ideas that you have.

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people." - Roosevelt

New people here will discuss how to become a developer etc and have questions, but we need to be thinking creatively, where you can just discuss any idea you have for web development, and people can comment on whether it's realistic, if they see any flaws in the idea etc.

I get a rush when I think of a new idea with web development, but so far it's been quite boring, I enjoy being creative. Rarely are ideas good enough or realistic, or they've been done before, it's rare to have a genuinely new idea, been there done that, it's harder than you think.

But I think there's a lot of money to be made if people are to be creative, I just see new things in the industry that are fads, technology advancements are often trivial (like the iPhones new features), what we need is a whole discussion board where people can debate. Maybe that's one of my strengths, I am creative, you may know a lot and be a good web dev, but if your not creative you'll probably just get bored making the same old websites.

The education system is very uncreative IMO, at college it's usually outdated projects, boring stuff that doesn't give anyone any inspiration, it creates obedient workers to be used, but not working for themselves.

Edited by NullDrone, 21 November 2016 - 08:56 PM.

#2 fisicx

fisicx

Web Guru

• Privileged
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts
  • Experience:Intermediate
  • Area of Expertise:Designer/Coder

Posted 22 November 2016 - 07:57 AM

But I think there's a lot of money to be made if people are to be creative,

Most of the money is made form the boring stuff. This then gives you the resources to be creative.

The forum (and the internet in general) has lots of places where you can discuss ideas. But many people are out there implementing their ideas not talking about them. For example, I had a request to add some functionality to a plugin. This gave me an idea for a new product which I coded up, tested and launched and is now earning money. There was no need for a discussion.

#3 Grant Barker

Grant Barker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • Experience:Nothing
  • Area of Expertise:Nothing

Posted 22 November 2016 - 08:33 AM

.. I had a request to add some functionality to a plugin. This gave me an idea for a new product which I coded up, tested and launched and is now earning money. There was no need for a discussion.

That sounds pretty cool. If there's ever a chance for me to make money with my 2 amateur sites, and you or anyone else wants to go 50/50 for helping me to set it up let me know. So long as I'm not spamming emails or putting ads all over my sites. Probably a bit difficult considering my sites are not popular or regularly updated, but putting it out there. I spend so much time in my spare time on the PC, I really should try to make some cash.

Edited by Grant Barker, 22 November 2016 - 08:34 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users