Jan Heder

Forum Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Experience:Advanced
  • Area of Expertise:Web Designer

Posted 23 January 2016 - 02:42 PM

Hello, I'm using Bootstrap grid (1170px) when working in photoshop, and I'm curious which one of the 2 options on the img is right. In CSS there is -15px side paddings making it 1140px wide but I don't know if it apply for menu items - for their boxes. I'm guessing the second one is right, but I'm not sure.

Than you for any advice.

Attached Files

#2 fisicx

fisicx

Web Guru

• Privileged
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts
  • Experience:Intermediate
  • Area of Expertise:Designer/Coder

Posted 23 January 2016 - 04:09 PM

Both are right. It's up to the client as to which one they prefer.

And don't use bootstrap for your menus - the code is awful. In fact the whole bootstrap CSS is a bloated monster. You can achieve the same results with a tenth of the code.

In any case, why are you using photoshop to build the layout? I thought this method of web design went out the window years ago...

#3 Jan Heder

Jan Heder

Forum Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Experience:Advanced
  • Area of Expertise:Web Designer

Posted 23 January 2016 - 06:53 PM

I only use Bootstrap GRID to make layouts, not code with Boostrap. In fact I'm webdesigner, not developer, so I just make layouts and others code it (still can't figure out how to call myself, since it seems everybody tend to merge designer and developer together - you say you are webdesigner and they want you to go code in javascript). Question if Bootstrap is garbage, well, few people still using it so I would say it's about personal preferences - like all frameworks.

And why I'm usign "outdated" photoshop? Well, because most clients want .psd format file. Beside that, what would you suggest to use, I tried few WYSIWYG SWs like Macaw and I must say that workflow is quite awfull, you need to focus on both design and code in the same time and thats often really hard and tiresome (both brain hemispheres).

#4 Arvi

Arvi

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 11:41 AM

Both are right , ask your client- how they want that.

#5 barbara

barbara

Forum Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 09:22 AM

Do as per your clients requirements...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bootstrap, menu, items

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users