Yuriko_v2b

Forum Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 06:51 PM

Hey,
I wanted to ask you guys if you know of a boilerplate contract
between a designer and client (for a period of, lets say, 1 year)?
Thank you!

#2 davidverma

davidverma

Forum Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Experience:Web Guru
  • Area of Expertise:Designer

Posted 05 November 2015 - 09:00 AM

Hey,
I wanted to ask you guys if you know of a boilerplate contract
between a designer and client (for a period of, lets say, 1 year)?
Thank you!

A standard form contract (sometimes referred to as an adhesion orboilerplate contract) is a contract between two parties, where the terms and conditions of the contract are set by one of the parties, and the other party has little or no ability to negotiate more favorable terms and is thus placed in a "take it or ...

From WikiPedia

#3 Yuriko_v2b

Yuriko_v2b

Forum Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 04:11 PM

Yes, well i am just looking for a general template (i used the word boilerplate, but that could have been wrong) for a 'Terms and Conditions contract for a long-term relationship' between a designer and an agency.

#4 rallport

rallport

Laravel 5 Rocks

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,951 posts
  • Experience:Web Guru
  • Area of Expertise:Web Developer

Posted 10 November 2015 - 04:59 PM

A standard form contract (sometimes referred to as an adhesion orboilerplate contract) is a contract between two parties, where the terms and conditions of the contract are set by one of the parties, and the other party has little or no ability to negotiate more favorable terms and is thus placed in a "take it or ...

From WikiPedia

Hehe, note sure the OP is looking for a definition :) 

I think you'll find https://gist.github....alarkey/4031110 is a good starting point. 

#5 richardm

richardm

Forum Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 06:12 PM

Hi there. You could try a tool I built called Juro (www.juro.io) - automated contracts and e-signing for freelancers. It's free to use and should save you the hassle of Word templates and having to sign by hand.

#6 lon124

lon124

Forum Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 02:11 PM

Hi Yuriko_v2b, I downloaded my first contract from a paid-for legal library. It was years ago and I can't find it now but this one looks like a good solution:

https://www.lawdepot...ices-agreement/

(I'm not connected with them and there are tons of similar sites available. I'd go for one from your country + one that is written in fairly plain English. If you can't understand it, chances are your clients can't either).

You will still need to add another document, often called a 'schedule', that lists the exact work that will be carried out during the particular period of work.

Personally I took the off-the-shelf document and refined it over the years into a nice, plain English version. That takes time and experience but the above should give a good starting point.

Best of luck!

#7 dattard

dattard

Forum Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:53 AM

Hey guys, just came across this post recently and just wanted to add my 2c.

Rallport was spot on when he suggested you go for the Andy Clark contract, it's an informal contract which says all the right things. If you're hesitant of asking your client to sign a contract (like most people are), then Andy's contract is a great start.

If you're looking for something a little bit more formal (and there are going to be quite a few instances where this is going to be necessary), the Killer contract is not going to work.

One of our most popular posts has been one where we've actually created a bundle of 17 web design contracts for different circumstances. Besides your standard web design contract, we've also included various types of contracts or agreements which a web designer will probably need at some point in their career.

Here's what the bundle contains:

1 – Killer Contract by Andy Clarke

2 – Project Acceptance Form and / or Statement of Work

3 – The AIGA Standard form of agreement for Web Design services

4 – Web Design Client Questionnaire

5 – Website Design Agreement Contract tool

6 – Contract for contracting (Independent / Freelance) development services

7 – Andy Rutledge Design Project Contracts bundle

8 – Web Design and Development services contract

9 – Short form Web design Contract

10 – Work for hire / Retainer agreement

11 – Non-Disclosure Agreements

12 – Privacy and Cookie Policy

13 – Mobile Application Development Contract

14 – Privacy Policy for mobile apps

15 – Invoicing clients
16 – Collection of dues

17 – Cease and Desist

Hope this is beneficial to you and the rest of the readers of the webdesignerforum.

Cheers

David

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users