#1 Dark Knight

Dark Knight

Forum Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 09:37 PM

Evening Peeps,

I'm working on an fictional web design agency project and as part of the home page I want to include a portfolio section showing product photography shots of websites, apps and branding that this made up agency have "worked on".

I know this is a made up agency project but I want to make the design as realistic looking as possible as a project to put in my portfolio in doing so I have wrote the content "voice" for the site in my own words as though it was for real, so no tacky lorum ipsum text to pad out the site on any of the pages. Likewise same mindset for the images, I don't want to use any tacky "lifestyle" photography or cheap looking stock imagery of smiling business men in suits to use as filler images for the portfolio section.

This brings me to my question, where can I find images of fictional looking digital products that have people interacting with them, be it on a laptop/desktop or on a smart phone, similar kind of thing to what is attached (which has been taken from the portfolio of a real web design agency) is there a reputable image website for this kind of imagery where I can purchase from?

The closest thing I have found to this is to buy a few "bootstrap" agency templates that are tailored around the theme of a web design agency business website and then to extract the portfolio product shots that they have used of fictional websites and app design, but it seems like overkill to buy a few of these templates only to make use of the images and nothing else, in any case the imagery they have used are only tiny product thumbnails, I need larger product imagery that is high resolution so it can scale up responsively for desktops and scale down for smartphones and tablets.

Kind Regards

DK

Attached Files

#2 Jane B

Jane B

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts
  • Experience:Beginner
  • Area of Expertise:I'm Learning

Posted 09 June 2015 - 07:00 AM

I'm not sure if this is what you want... but you can get product mock up images to make something along those lines.

http://www.dreamstim...s_rsf=0&s_rst=7

#3 richardmountain

richardmountain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Experience:Nothing
  • Area of Expertise:Web Developer

Posted 09 June 2015 - 10:49 AM

Hi DK,

Googling: Stock Images should get you what you are looking for

I have used iStockPhoto and Fotolia, which have been pretty useful.

Hope this helps.

#4 Jane B

Jane B

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 02:06 PM

@Dark Knight  this just popped up in my facebook feed: http://designshack.n...photos-vectors/

#5 Dark Knight

Dark Knight

Forum Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 08:15 PM

@Jane B Thanks for your suggestion, that was a great post.  Lots of fantastic and most importantly very natural looking ipad screens to choose from :))))

#6 Dark Knight

Dark Knight

Forum Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 08:18 PM

While I am here, is there a similar kind of site where I can purchase free vector logos at large resolutions? that I can drop in over the top?

#7 Jane B

Jane B

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 05:49 AM

I don't know about logos, but mock ups must be in.  Another collection of them just appeared in my Facebook page, so I may as well add them here: http://speckyboy.com...listic-mockups/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users