4li4s

Idiot

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Experience:Beginner
  • Area of Expertise:Designer

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:55 PM

LOVE Beastie Boys. Egg Raid on Mojo! Never liked Kid Rock myself. To be honest, I never really listened to Anthrax much. I guess I should revisit them. Ah...The Offspring Smash album. Now that was a great punk rock album. As much as this is a web design forum, I'm loving this thread! :)

#42 PenguinMedia

PenguinMedia

Forum Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Experience:Intermediate
  • Area of Expertise:Coder

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:03 AM

When it comes to music and working you can't beat Radiohead on Spotify :)

- Nemo

#43 drt_t1gg3r

drt_t1gg3r

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Area of Expertise:Designer/Coder

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:08 PM

Totally forgot but added to my bag of tricks is also musician/songwriter but it's more for therapy than entertainment. I do get a bit narcissistic and have morning coffee with myself :p

If interested you can find me HERE!

#44 Exp

Exp

Forum Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Area of Expertise:I'm Learning

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:08 PM

Although i'm new to web design i always listen to something chilled out and calm.
Really helps me to focus on what ever it is i'm doing.

#45 4li4s

4li4s

Idiot

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:51 PM

Totally forgot but added to my bag of tricks is also musician/songwriter but it's more for therapy than entertainment. I do get a bit narcissistic and have morning coffee with myself :p

If interested you can find me HERE!

Am going to listen to this as soon as I've made dinner and opened my beer :)

#46 Becka

Becka

Forum Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Area of Expertise:Web Designer

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:56 AM

I usually prefer slow music while working so i can concentrate much on worek rather than music :)

#47 AcheaShadow

AcheaShadow

Forum Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Experience:Advanced

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:09 PM

I actually listen to drum and bass most of the time while coding :)

#48 4li4s

4li4s

Idiot

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:37 PM

Nothing like a bit of Roni Size eh, AcheaShadow ;) And Chase & Status. They're marketed as DnB, at least.

#49 AcheaShadow

AcheaShadow

Forum Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:27 AM

Nothing like a bit of Roni Size eh, AcheaShadow And Chase & Status. They're marketed as DnB, at least.

I remember Chase and Status before they went commercial :)

I prefer older Jump Up and Liquid... 97-99 was a great era for Jump Up with the likes of Andy C and the rest of the RAM crew, Ed Rush & Optical, Total Science, Adam F etc etc :)

#50 4li4s

4li4s

Idiot

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:44 AM

I'm not that cool to know Chase and Status before they were commerical (I'm more of a rocker). If something gets popular, I switch off to it otherwise I hear it all the time and loses it's meaning. Random example, Nirvana Unplugged. Grew up on Nirvana but as soon as Unplugged was released, I heard it all the time and started to hate it. That's how I feel about Dub Step now, despite actually liking it, it's just everywhere at the moment.

I remember Adam F and Liquid. I mentioned in an earlier post I used to listen to old skool stuff like Fantasia, Rat Pack and SL2(!). My fingers still on the pulse though. I know that 2Unlimited are still cool - ha! ;)

#51 BrowserBugs

BrowserBugs

Unhinged

• Privileged
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,921 posts
  • Area of Expertise:I'm Learning

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:20 AM

Oh forgot to plug my fav online station ... listener supported http://www.somafm.com, my fav 2 channels are Groove Salad and Suburbs of Goa. When I have spare time on my hands would love to offer them a free reface :D

#52 Pletikos

Pletikos

Forum Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:16 PM

I listen mostly to classic rock like Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Dire Straits.

#53 medzy1

medzy1

Forum Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Experience:Web Guru

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:21 PM

I tend to listen to hip-hop, makes it more exciting in what ever I have to do.

#54 Jack-AH

Jack-AH

Forum Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:24 PM

I love to hear pop music any kind of pop music :)

#55 4li4s

4li4s

Idiot

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:51 PM

I'm gonna drag this up thread up again ;)

We've had the music channels on in our house a lot lately and I'm shocked at how much pop is using samples. In a YouTube mood at the moment. The new Little Mix track uses De La Soul's Ring Ring Ring and some <insert word here> kid called Austin Mahone is using Biz Markie's Just A Friend. Anyone else prefer an older version of a track or the newer version?

#56 dap

dap

Web Guru

• Privileged
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:32 PM

streaming from here http://somafm.com/play/groovesalad

#57 4li4s

4li4s

Idiot

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:58 PM

streaming from here http://somafm.com/play/groovesalad

Ah yes.. Good link this - kudos to BrowserBugs for mentioning it earlier :D

#58 martingoodson

martingoodson

Forum Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Experience:Nothing

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:47 PM

Peggy Lee

#59 stapolin

stapolin

Forum Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Area of Expertise:Web Developer

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:36 PM

Following Deftones, I moved on to some Fantomas, Melvins and one of my favs, Sonic Youth. Any cats digging the string based music these days? @drt_t1gg3r - anything pre-Black album by Metallica is great. My cousin introduced me to them millenia ago. He had alot of their stuff on vinyl! Kill 'em All, I say 

Your making me feel old now... if I even mention Metallica to my kid he asks me things like 'are they like one direction'... eeeem, noooooooooo! But they are my fav listening when working... either that or some old skool punk, and of course a little 'brick in the wall' :)

#60 4li4s

4li4s

Idiot

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:13 AM

Your making me feel old now... if I even mention Metallica to my kid he asks me things like 'are they like one direction'... eeeem, noooooooooo! But they are my fav listening when working... either that or some old skool punk, and of course a little 'brick in the wall' :)

Yeah but are we talking Metallica - Death Magnetic or Metallica - Kill 'em All? Y'see, they're different bands ;) You should tell your kid that Metallica to One Direction is Slayer to Justin Bieber ;)

I'm not so much a punk fan as I don't like what is being called punk nowadays (who's sounding old now?). I quite like Gallows - even stuff with the new singer (have an EP by them which is pretty cool). More of a Black Flag person. Aside from listening to some good old hip hop lately (Jurassic 5 are on tour!!), I've been 'revising' on Alter Bridge and been listening to a bit of Muse and The Residents (no one else other than the person who introduced me to them likes them. Marvellous!).

#61 Tieskevo

Tieskevo

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:46 AM

Pink floyd, led zepplin, the Doors, Guns n' Roses, SOAD, Apocalyptica, Dream theatre, Stratovarius.

oh.. and this:

Edited by Tieskevo, 18 April 2013 - 07:47 AM.

#62 4li4s

4li4s

Idiot

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:26 AM

Dream Theater - ah... takes me back to the days of my metalhead friend getting me to check out every axe player there is ;)

Love SOAD - ever listen to Scars Over Broadway? Wish they did another album :(

#63 GTrekMedia Limited

GTrekMedia Limited

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:07 AM

We have Capital FM (London) playing in our office

#64 Lyndsey

Lyndsey

Web Guru

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:08 AM

We're always listening to Radio 1 at work. But at home I prefer the older stuff; Def Leppard, Reo Speedwagon, Bryan Adams, Bon Jovi etc... and of course the chillout stuff I mentioned earlier :p 

#65 4li4s

4li4s

Idiot

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:55 AM

Yeah - Bon Jovi! Used to be quite the fan for a while. Used to always sing (very badly) Wanted Dead Or Alive at karaoke.

I listen to a lot of iTunes radio - mostly alternative or ambience but we have 4Music on tv alot so that's one way of keeping up to date with chart stuff for me. Used to listen to Zane Lowe, Jo Wiley, Mark and Lard, etc... on Radio 1, but not a fan of people like Nick Grimshaw and Greg James. Don't hate them or anything, just not my bag. Absolute Radio can be good.

While I'm thinking of chart stuff, I have to say that I absolutely love the track White Noise by Disclosure or something (I should look it up!) and theres a rap song about a thrift store or sumink. Love that too...

I'm trying to find a new alternative to Amy Winehouse other than old stuff. Need a gap filling in my vocalist bank. Recommendations? If it narrows it down, I'm not fussed on Adele and not keen on Sade... (That is a bizarre sentence. Must eat some lunch as brain...rotting..aw.a...y)

#66 stapolin

stapolin

Forum Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:56 AM

Yeah but are we talking Metallica - Death Magnetic or Metallica - Kill 'em All? Y'see, they're different bands  You should tell your kid that Metallica to One Direction is Slayer to Justin Bieber .

There is only one REAL metallica, and thats during and before the days of 'A day in the life' was made. Since they cut their hair and learned to play, they got too soft... still a few good songs from them, but nothing like the old stuff ie: garrage days.

#67 4li4s

4li4s

Idiot

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:02 AM

There is only one REAL metallica, and thats during and before the days of 'A day in the life' was made. Since they cut their hair and learned to play, they got too soft... still a few good songs from them, but nothing like the old stuff ie: garrage days.

Was just thinking of my reply halfway through reading this and you finished on it: Garage Days! Love that era. My cousin got me into Metallica (they were all on vinyl!!). At the time, I very much liked The Wait but would have to say one of my favourites would have to be Jump in the Fire due to the amount of times I sing it out loud. Do you like Pantera?

#68 drt_t1gg3r

drt_t1gg3r

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:43 PM

the past few days I've been getting into a 60's-70's folk music. It comes and goes with me with this genre but when the mood hits, it's deep. I mean to the soul deep. Creativity and thinking outside the box becomes heightened and a closer connection to the bigger scheme of things happens. I guess it's due to my mother's purpose for folk music. It wasn't a political movement for her, it was a global enlightenment of all things that were magnified in every bar of every song. She'd go on and on about the problems of the world not being faults of what people did, but what they didn't do. They didn't open their minds and let creativity flow through them. They closed their minds and believed that there was nothing else to learn and nothing else to change. It was the faith of creativity that drove the passion's of (wo)man's hearts not their knowledge. 

those who don't know or haven't heard of some of the popular artists of 60's-70's American folk music try some of these

Tim Hardin, Bob Dylan, Joan Baez, Mamma's & the Papas, Pete Seeger, Kingston trio, Joni Mitchell, Paul Simon ( Simon & Garfunkel ), The Byrds, Arlo Guthrie, John Denver, James Taylor

#69 drt_t1gg3r

drt_t1gg3r

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:52 PM

Nothing like a bit of Roni Size eh, AcheaShadow ;) And Chase & Status. They're marketed as DnB, at least.

was re-reading the forum topic and didn't see this topic before so I blinked searched chase&status and OMG! ty ty ty this band rocks!

#70 Marv

Marv

Forum Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:56 PM

That depends on my mood, if I'm tired I listen to power music such as Rage against the machine

#71 4li4s

4li4s

Idiot

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:10 PM

those who don't know or haven't heard of some of the popular artists of 60's-70's American folk music try some of these

Tim Hardin, Bob Dylan, Joan Baez, Mamma's & the Papas, Pete Seeger, Kingston trio, Joni Mitchell, Paul Simon ( Simon & Garfunkel ), The Byrds, Arlo Guthrie, John Denver, James Taylor

Not the kind of music I usually listen to, but I like Bob Dylan, The Byrds and James Taylor. Never been much of a fan of Joni Mitchell. Don't hate her, but not my cup of tea. Whenever I talk about concerts (did I mention I'm seeing Alter Bridge for the 100th time - was going to see Depeche Mode but too pricey and couldn't get there), my mum always refers to how cool Mamas & the Papas were when she saw them in concert (she brought it up when I saw Machinehead last year ;))

That depends on my mood, if I'm tired I listen to power music such as Rage against the machine

Love Evil Empire - Vietnow :D

#72 Marv

Marv

Forum Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:05 PM

Not the kind of music I usually listen to, but I like Bob Dylan, The Byrds and James Taylor. Never been much of a fan of Joni Mitchell. Don't hate her, but not my cup of tea. Whenever I talk about concerts (did I mention I'm seeing Alter Bridge for the 100th time - was going to see Depeche Mode but too pricey and couldn't get there), my mum always refers to how cool Mamas & the Papas were when she saw them in concert (she brought it up when I saw Machinehead last year ;))

Love Evil Empire - Vietnow :D

Great song!

#73 Dr Cool

Dr Cool

Forum Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:11 PM

Perfect time to listen to an album

#74 grimus

grimus

Forum Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Experience:Web Guru

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:36 PM

Underworld, Massive Attack, Soil & "Pimp" Sessions

#75 JordanC

JordanC

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:51 AM

The new Daft Punk album is great :)

#76 Row

Row

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:01 AM

The newest album of Coldplay - Mylo Xyloto is also awesome! Really relaxing to work with!

#77 4li4s

4li4s

Idiot

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:19 AM

Yay! This thread has been revived. Can't say I'm as happy to see a Coldplay recommendation ;)

I'm currently listening to Cancer Bats' latest album. That and How to Destroy Angels. As in the band, not a tutorial ;)

#78 JordanC

JordanC

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:34 AM

Yeah I liked the recommendations people had here so thought i'd bring it back with a reply and see what else we can get :). Got lots to listen to.

I listen to the podcasts from a radio station in New Zealand often (The Edge) and during the last week, they got so hooked onto the song "Africa" by Toto, a song from 30 years ago, they set out to promote it themselves (just the two presenters). Within a new days they pushed it from like position #194 in the New Zealand iTunes charts, to #1! 

So yeah good song too! I'm sure we've all heard it.

#79 4li4s

4li4s

Idiot

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:07 PM

Yeah, I've been into the old podcasts again - used to listen to them all the time then stopped for a couple of years (I mainly listened to them in the car during lunch but as I work from home, I can't really concentrate on listening to them).

Africa by Toto - classic :) It's 80's right? I love 80's stuff (in moderation). When Vice City came out, I bought the CD boxset. Not a fan of compilations but it had some good tracks on it.

#80 Row

Row

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:52 PM

Yea radio is a good source for some good music, the bad thing about it are all the commercials -.- 

I found myself a hitzone radio station (in the netherlands 538 hitzone) and well they play some nice music from these days but also the old days :D

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users