6 replies to this topic

#1 Penn

Penn

Forum Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:59 PM

I couldn't really think of a suitable title so I better explain exactly what I mean. I have got a Google account so I can access AdSense, analytics etc etc. I've come to realise search queries on Google when looking for your own websites can sometimes give you biased results. In other words, let's say you're searching for a particular article on your website to see how well it's doing, you are really happy the find yourself on the first page of Google. However, when other people search for the same page, they don't get the same results as you. I have now come to believe that when researching and testing websites that you have created, make sure that you don't search when you are signed into your Google account. I'm a dedicated Firefox user, however when I am testing I always use Google Chrome, the search results are dramatically different to what I find when I signed in using Firefox, in other words I believe it's giving me the true such findings which is obviously a lot more helpful.

#2 Bomb

Bomb

Privileged

• Privileged
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Experience:Advanced
  • Area of Expertise:Designer

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:19 PM

Yes, if logged into Google you will get custom results.

#3 Penn

Penn

Forum Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:39 PM

Yes, if logged into Google you will get custom results.

Thanks for clarifying that, I was pretty sure that was what was happening

Can you do me a quick favour, will only take a few seconds?

Do a search forThe following an Google Chrome and tell me which is the first website

Accessible ponds Torbay

Joystick steering for cars

I would be interested to know if you get the same result as I am getting. I won't tell you what my website is, if you could just post it.we can then see if my theory is correct. Thanks

#4 rallport

rallport

Web God

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,363 posts
  • Experience:Web Guru
  • Area of Expertise:Web Developer

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:23 PM

Do a search forThe following an Google Chrome and tell me which is the first website

Accessible ponds Torbay

I would be interested to know if you get the same result as I am getting. I won't tell you what my website is, if you could just post it.we can then see if my theory is correct. Thanks

A quick. Use a free online proxy such as hidemyass.com and load up google.co.uk. Then do your searching.

#5 Dizi

Dizi

Queen of the Spammers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,731 posts
  • Area of Expertise:Web Designer

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:42 PM

Use google web master tools, it can give you a good idea of what keywords and phrases are being used to find your site, how many impressions it gets from them, the click through rate and also the average position that you display at for them. Its quite useful in getting non-bias answers to your true positions.

#6 Bomb

Bomb

Privileged

• Privileged
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Area of Expertise:Designer

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:44 PM

Accessible ponds Torbay

OK for Accessible ponds Torbay, I get this has the first listing: www dot tetraplegicliving dot com. Interestingly this thread is in second position.

And for Joystick steering for cars, I get 2 links to youtube vids then: www dot tetraplegicliving dot com.

#7 Renaissance-Design

Renaissance-Design

Available for custom WordPress work

• Privileged
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts
  • Experience:Web Guru
  • Area of Expertise:Designer/Coder

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:06 PM

Try these.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users