• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

WDF Reputation

Neutral
  • Experience:Intermediate
  • Area of Expertise:Designer/Coder

Posted 09 December 2011 - 04:01 PM

Hello you can find the sitemap for the website here: http://www.ferretbed....uk/sitemap.xml

I dont know if this is important but the sitemap doesnt have the homepage in there just the category pages and CMS pages.

Thanks
Andrew Jones

#2 rallport

rallport

Web God

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,284 posts

WDF Reputation

Excellent
  • Experience:Web Guru
  • Area of Expertise:Web Developer

Posted 09 December 2011 - 04:24 PM

It's Magento. In my experience it's not amazing for SEO out of the box. Also, why use Magwnto for such a low number of products? Seems overkill to me

#3 CQ Website Design

CQ Website Design

Forum Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

WDF Reputation

Neutral
  • Experience:Intermediate
  • Area of Expertise:Designer/Coder

Posted 09 December 2011 - 06:13 PM

Yeah Ive worked with Magento before that is why I decided to use it. I have been experimenting with other software I have been playing about with OpenCart and also JigoShop plugin for Wordpress (Which I didnt really like). I am liking the speed of OpenCart but I need to read up on it and learn how to work with it better before I start using it live. Any other surgestions on eCommerce software?

#4 opensesame

opensesame

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

WDF Reputation

Neutral
  • Experience:Web Guru
  • Area of Expertise:SEO

Posted 10 December 2011 - 05:12 PM

Yeah Ive worked with Magento before that is why I decided to use it. I have been experimenting with other software I have been playing about with OpenCart and also JigoShop plugin for Wordpress (Which I didnt really like). I am liking the speed of OpenCart but I need to read up on it and learn how to work with it better before I start using it live. Any other surgestions on eCommerce software?

Just an idea if you was worried about it, you could just create a second sitemap with the homepage in it and upload it to the root.

Personally I wouldn't bother but its perfectly ok to have 2 of them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users